Reaction score
the Evolution of my tank....

25/03/08

1279.jpg

1280.jpg

02/08/08

1260.jpg

and got better from there:)

nice man tanks is looking much nicer, don't you have a pic in between these two dates?

dude i think this tank is in a crate somewhere?
it is indeed still in a crate! :(

But yesterday i had the enjoyment of taking out the stand and placing that in the house as I have completed the underfloor heating and new floors in the living room now. Unfortuantly nearly a year has past since i opened or used the hinges and they are badly corroded. I have alot more work i need to do on the tank before i can really get it going, but i will be wetting it soon.

i havent opened the crate yet, almost too scared incase there is a crack.....but ive have a peak and i thoink its all good :)

its hard havinga tank in a crate i promise:(

Prodigy, i have a small nano (60l) which i have bred in order to seed my main tank. Its got one fish in it (a mollie, i mean blennie) and a few tube worms, plus 12kg of LR. Rather packed to the rafters. I started it in April i think but nano's arent my game, i like bigger tanks and different fish, so i am just keeping my fingers wet untill i can get my two bigger tanks going.

I do however look after 4 marine tanks in town, again out of a desire to keep my fingers wet and be on my game rather than as tanks i particularly enjoy (they are all 120l read sea max tanks)

I riginally planned to start the nano off as a species tank for a pair of spotted mandarin, thus to cycle for a year or so and let the pod count increase dramatically before introducing fish. One of the reasons (other than a lack of space!) that I havent added more fish is that the pod population is very low. I never had any come off the first LR, so i added some newer LR from another reefers tank (plus some micro stars) to help this along. But 6 months or so down the line i still dont think this tan k is ready for the fish i want in it, so i will use the well established sea bed to seed the 1.8m. The LS i have in the tank will be housed in one of the tan ks in twon, but as I say its minimal stuff anyway:)

Sweet man so why havent you been able to put the 2 bigger tanks?
Heard something about floors?

Sweet man so why havent you been able to put the 2 bigger tanks?
Heard something about floors?
lol floors were one small set back:) its been the restoration of the first floor of our house which is very old and made of wood. I know that its certainly older than 350 years, so things have changed a little since then. but basically there has been no point in unloading the tank untill i could place it correctly and thats taken a while. but getting there.

i will start a thread soon and put the effort this house has been and the things i have done in preparation for the tank. (small issue of drilling a drain into the wooden floors etc etc etc etc)

but getting close now:)

Back
Top Bottom