The DIY Skimmer Clan

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Any DIY skimmers, links, pics or suggestions can be posted in this thread, i know there are plenty DIY skimmers out there, lets see them.

THANKS ALAN !!
was wondering if this would happen lol

here are mine

000_0129.jpg

000_0130.jpg

and some skimmate

101_3914.jpg

they are all glss and each driven bu halea pumps

Wow, those skimmers look to be doing rather well Calvin. Have you got them set up as recirc skimmers and did you diy the venturi's?

Alan
each skimmer is fed directly from the tanks overflow ,and each with a external halea pump recirculrculating. I simply drillde a hole just before the pumps inlet and added a venturi no needle weel or anything like that! i would have loved to mod them to mesh wheel but its too late now as im selling the set up . on my next set up (pond ) ill be going for a 5ft glass skimmer with triple becket!!
thanks

calvin

oh btw in the pic the skimmate isnt at itsbest! i set them "wet" as i had added some liquid phosphate remover

that looks interesting! can we have some info on it? and do you wanto sell?

yeah i want to sell but have been too lazy to get the specs on it.its in the store room at the moment so cant give the exact dimensions.basically what you see there is your inlet and outlet,just a matter of using plastic tubing or you can plumb it properly and use a 1500lph pump with a venturi and it works well.i ran it with a lifetech pump (2500lph) and turned it all the way down and it worked.the entire chamber fills up well with bubbles.will work lekker with a needle wheel pump

Going a bit off topic here but if you want to sell it I might be interested.

Here's my monstrosity of a DIY skimmer, it worked but was a pain to maintain.

IMGP0562.jpg

100_4760.jpg

IMGP0560.jpg