The DIY Skimmer Clan

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me out, I am looking for an external needle wheel pump for a custom built skimmer, but I can`t find any.... any suggestions for shops?

Thanx.

BTW liked the skimmers....

The Reef Octopus pumps come with needlewheel and you can also buy pinwheel impellors for them. Not too sure if you can run them externally though.

Nemos, where in Wonderboom can I get the pumps? Wanderboom bird park. At which shop and where? Are you talking about Exotic in Boksburg? Yes

Thank you...

If you go the Wanderboom you will most probably have to ask Dirk to get it for you from Boxberg. Both shops are owned by Adam.

Yup it is a LFS. Was last there about 6 years ago so maybe the street names have changed. It is the big bird park at the corner of Lavender & Voortrekker, just past Makro.

Well, it feels like I`ve waisted my whole Saturday trying to find a needle wheel pump, no one keeps them or know where to find any, and others never heard off it....

Am I looking in the wrong places or are people just helpless....

Anyway, at least Exotic in Boksburg has them.... Will go past there on a visit to the in laws then....

Does anyone know of another place I can try in Pta? I tried Wonderboom already....

Thanx...

Well, it feels like I`ve waisted my whole Saturday trying to find a needle wheel pump, no one keeps them or know where to find any, and others never heard off it....

Am I looking in the wrong places or are people just helpless....

Anyway, at least Exotic in Boksburg has them.... Will go past there on a visit to the in laws then....

Does anyone know of another place I can try in Pta? I tried Wonderboom already....

Thanx...

Desmond..did you ask Lanzo ? Sure he can help

Dorry Pets and Pet Stop are both in Pretoria and they should definitely have them in stock.

Thanks FransSny, I did try Lanzo, just waiting for him to get back to me...
Thank you Viper, Pet stop has to order the needle wheel, think I will opt with them though, just waiting for Lanzo still to see what he can offer me....

But then again I can get the Eheim 800 to 2700 L/H external from Exotic in Boksburg, but at a pretty penny though....maybe, just maybe....lol.

Thanks anyway guys....

Interesting, I must confess the other day I was looking at my spring water bottle and wondering what if I modified the bottom a bit, drilled a hole in the lid and glued a pipe in... hmmmm.

Interesting, I must confess the other day I was looking at my spring water bottle and wondering what if I modified the bottom a bit, drilled a hole in the lid and glued a pipe in... hmmmm.

Yes bud. :) For me, as you describe i see a giant hamster water bottle and am very impressed you supply them spring water. :whistling:

Give us some more info on youre spring water bottle Orson... sound interesting...

Can anybody give me some info as to where to find clear pvc/plastic/perspex circular hollow section tubing (pipe) of a diameter of about 200 - 300mm?

Thank you...

Here is mine
12344b54d28310abb.jpg

12344b54d2a977d7d.jpg

The skimmer in operation.
12344b54d2d772cc9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom