The Deltec Clan

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by Alan, 25 Nov 2007.

1. takumi

takumi

Hi Tony

I have a SC 2060 with the "factory" modified pump - Can't seem to find any specs on that pump ... can you perhaps point me in the right direction ...

2. Guest

3. TonyDD

TonyDD

Hi

I have always run the outlet into a coarse sponge , Deltec do supply a kit with one in but you can easily mod your own from a foam/sponge block from your LFS.

Pic of sponge in the kit is on the DD website

Deltec Protein Skimmers | Deltec Skimmers | The Aquarium Solution

The sponge will also degass any micro bubbles from the outlet.

regards Tony

4. TonyDD

TonyDD

Hiya

Is this a prototype? Have you got a picture?

regards Tony

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

@TonyDD I have noticed a lot of deltic and D+D products making there way into SA via sources other than your distributor Exotic Aquariums. As a supporter of Deltec due to the brilliance of the skimmers i find myself in a difficult position. Promote the product only to find it purchased over the net, or to look for an alternative product.

I am sure you guys, and our other sponsors have taken note of the Internet offerings from this and other forums.

I understand that this is a difficult one to balance considering that sales are the manufactures priority. But when the Deltec factory sells out side of D+D to Internet suppliers does that not infringe on the hand made quality policy D+D has.

Maybe I have it all wrong as i have a tendency to misinterpret things sometimes. Tony please put the record straight for us. Thank you i much appreciate.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2010
  6. takumi

takumi

Will take a pic ...

7. TonyDD

TonyDD

Hiya NJ, hope you are well and thanks for your continued support.

This will always be a problem with regards to importing directly from a Deltec reseller in Germany over supporting a dealer network on home soil. It can also be false economy once import duties and lack of local support are taken into account.

D-D will always help advise on Deltec product where possible but product sourced outside the dealer network cannot be supported for warranty and will need to go back to Germany which is often a painful and expensive process.

All U.K stock as an instance will come in with a UK plug making imports with European plugs obvious as import items. Im not sure how this works in SA.

My advise for customers would be to always support your countries dealer network as any savings made by importing may be lost when it comes to support etc. Many online resellers will only be interested in the sale and shipping the product to SA, after that your very much on your own.

regards Tony

8. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Thank you for your input Tony. It is just very difficult to get that across to the customer when price is quite a bit less and delivery a lot quicker. Exotic quotes 4 to 6 weeks for shipping via boat for out of stock items. If they fly one in the cost is ridiculous. This is very off putting. So it is not only a price thing.
    Having sold the customer on the D+D product and he imports it himself it is not right for me to refuse him service of his tank. I get other business through the maintenance of his tank. I am then obliged to look after the "grey" product, i recommended it in the first place.

Hmmm..... catch 22 i suppose.

9. IMarine

IMarine

Slmz Skyffs hope you well while you on on your pilgrimage,thats my pic of my old skimmer in action before you bought it from me,the skimmer was 1 beast of a skimmer and i found it to skim far better than the 801 model

10. Sammy

Sammy

Hi Guys, I've just got my 2nd hand AFP600 and i noticed just on switch on there was really awesome foam ? but now its more coarse bubbles sitting about halfway in the cup ?

Also I have no livestock about 20kg LR only,started cycling a week ago, could this be due to the low bio load ? No seeing any green gunk ?

11. Suhayl

Suhayl

One day I hope to own a Deltek skimmer, they kick some serious ass. My Extreme 200 will have to do at the moment.

12. Sammy

Sammy

Guys, need your help here ? Just got my AFP600, when initially i started her up, produced a awesome foam, but a day after is now just pushing biggish bubbles, stripped down, cleaned pump, and impeller in vinegar, check air hose etc etc but I just cannot get it back to what I initially seen at switch on ???

Any ideas welcome, ohh and I also changed the feed pump from a RO 1000 to resun 1400l/h, but i know that its not the feed pump.

Somehow I'm just cannot get the foam back ???

13. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Is the skimmer producing fine bubbles in the main chamber? If not, what is your salinity? Sometimes these skimmers do not start properly. Give a gentle blow on the grey and orange air adjuster.

Do you have a pic of the installation and skimmer running.

14. Sammy

Sammy

Salinity is 1.025, there are fine bubbles in the reaction chamber but just not very fine foam on the top in cup? Ohhh also there is no bioload yet ? tank 2nd week into cycle ? Could this be the problem ?

But also when I just started her up it produced a fine foam ???

15. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

All skimmers work overtime when first installed. (skim wet). It then settles down and does not produce as much skimmate. Yes once you add LS and algae starts to grow the skimmer will produce more protien.

16. Sammy

Sammy

ok, I will see how it performs when i start stocking ? Hopefully will be as great.

BTW, who stocks the aquabee AU2000/1 pumps ? Got the skimmer for R2k so i might just buy a new pump to ensure it work 100% ???

17. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Exotic are the Deltec agents

18. Sammy

Sammy

Heres what its doing now, running for a week but no LS only mature LR ? Should i just wait for it to settle ?

8674d8346a830163.jpg 8674d8346f4c7491.jpg 8674d8347340533d.jpg

19. gaboon

gaboon

Looks fine to me, will start pulling soon, especially when LS is added.

20. Mauritius-aquarist

Mauritius-aquarist

Looks ok imo,
    try to see with ur deltec agent if u can get a proper pump, either the aquabee 2000/1 or the new one the DCS600.;)

21. roderigo

roderigo

All I can say is guys I found the light my apf 600 has been running for week its more than a skimmer is art in motion

Recent Posts