The Deltec Clan

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
We haven't heard from the Deltec users for ages, any pics, suggestions or comments this is the thread.
Milli we expecting to see those old pics of your Deltec when it had rabies.

Reaction score
Milli we expecting to see those old pics of your Deltec when it had rabies.
:lol: That skimmer rocked. I think Mille wants to be buried with it when the time comes.

Ok I don't have a pic yet, but I converted my APF600 from Deltec pin wheel to a mesh wheel.
The Deltec APF600 runs standard with an Aquabee 2000.
There was a definate improvement, maybe as much as 20 mils a week worth of skimmate.
The conversion did tend to get the Deltec to skim slightly wetter than most would want, but it suites my setup and I have the luxury of running 2 skimmers, so one wet and one dry.

My only gripe with the APF600 is that it is difficult to dial in. The 40mm outlet on the 110mm body makes it very difficult when using a ball valve and trying to get your water height right. A gate valve is what's needed for more precision, because it literally takes the slightest adjustment between just right and flooding the cup. Something as stupid as erratic power supply and the slightest decrease or increase in your feed pump capacity plays havoc.

But unfortuneatly the price of a PVC gate valve here is beyond stupid, so I've had to make do with a ball valve.

Anyone know of a supplier of PVC gate valves that cost less than 200 ZAR's ?

Reaction score
Smithers, I think we can talk about any piece of Deltec equipment for now. When it gets to big we will seperate it into different threads ;)

Reaction score
I can get a AP600 2nd hand for about the same price as a new TS2. What do you recommend?

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
I can get a AP600 2nd hand for about the same price as a new TS2. What do you recommend?
I dont know the TS2 but if it does the same amout of water volume as the Deltec get the Deltec.

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
nice Alfie when did this happen or have u always had the 850.

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
Jacques the larger skimmers use eheim pumps and smaller skimmers use aquabee pumps.
They use venturi valves yes .

Last edited: