The Bubble Magus skimmer clan

Just got a Curve 9 cant wait tonsee what it can do.
351CBE41-7E28-4645-B0D6-FA9260297D26.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys is it worth it upgrading from the curve 7 to curve 9?

Didn’t think the curve 5 would perform quite this well! That’s 3 days

Hi all...

I bought a BM Curve D9 skimmer from a reefer and it was working perfectly. I tried setting it up the other day as my tank was finally ready and sparks come out of the power input on the controller when I try plug it in and nothing comes on so must have short circuited or something...question is WHAT NOW? I can find a new controller anywhere and I spent a couple of K on it so a new one is out of the question...any advise would be much appreciated!

Hi all...

I bought a BM Curve D9 skimmer from a reefer and it was working perfectly. I tried setting it up the other day as my tank was finally ready and sparks come out of the power input on the controller when I try plug it in and nothing comes on so must have short circuited or something...question is WHAT NOW? I can find a new controller anywhere and I spent a couple of K on it so a new one is out of the question...any advise would be much appreciated!

The sparks is normal when plugging that in.....you tried pushing & holding the controller dial in for awhile?

The sparks is normal when plugging that in.....you tried pushing & holding the controller dial in for awhile?
It sparks continuously when it's plugged in but I will try again when I get home...thanks

It sparks continuously when it's plugged in but I will try again when I get home...thanks

Ok that is not normal....normal is you'll just get a bit of sparking when you plug it in, it don't continue, i'd check what power supply your using & make sure its DC output...Output should be 24volt + 3.5 amp power supply...maybe a bit differant on the amps but defiantly should be 24V

Ok that is not normal....normal is you'll just get a bit of sparking when you plug it in, it don't continue, i'd check what power supply your using & make sure its DC output...Output should be 24volt + 3.5 amp power supply...maybe a bit differant on the amps but defiantly should be 24V
Thamk you! I did not think it was normal to spark at all so thought it was busted...working a charm now!

Hi

Can anyone recommend a Curve 9+ skimmer pump replacement. Cant seem to find a replacement in SA..waiting on stock eta 6weeks

Recommended replacement is the Dsp4000 is there any alternatives

bm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

Can anyone recommend a Curve 9+ skimmer pump replacement. Cant seem to find a replacement in SA..waiting on stock eta 6weeks

bm.jpg
Sp4000 also fine.

had to go the same route

Hi

How long ago you buy it? - i'd ask him to open a new box & send you the pump out of it. These spares seem to be forever an issue with him.

Just spoke to a guy there is stock of the sp4000 and it will fit. Only set back here is the pump is not a dc pump so does make a but of noise compared to the dsp4000

Hi everyone... who is using Bubble magus Z6 skimmer? and how has it been working for you? Pros and cons?

Back
Top Bottom