The Bubble Magus skimmer clan

Reaction score
I dropped it from 1 to 3 . bottom of the neck now but making way more foam now . Will keep you updated

So one day later , looking better . Any ideas how to get it even better ? I want to do more a wet skim , setting on 2 now

20161226_204945.jpg

The Viskop

Viskop OOOOON!
Reaction score
What's the ideal water level for the curve 9? Mine seems to be very low even when I adjust it. Anyone else having this problem?

Reaction score
22 - 25 cm level should be constant and not fluctuate at all to allow cinsistent skimming! atmosphereic pressures and oils from your hands will alter the skimmers skimming action aswell so allow an hour after you have experienced these shifts for the skimmer to start working properly again

Reaction score
good luck

Keanan

2time
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on what settings I should run the D9?

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I have an issue where my QQ's recommended water height sits at about 2 cm above the water level. I is at the lowest level I can set it to without having it attached to the bracket.

Can I rest the skimmer on the pump without it hanging on the bracket? It is skimming however the amount of bubbles is seriously affected by the height.

I will take a few pics and upload them as I feel I need to get this sorted ASAP!

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Can I rest the skimmer on the pump without it hanging on the bracket?
That should be fine, but see if you can put it on something soft (like suckers from an old pump/heater perhaps) otherwise you may get constant noise and vibration with it sitting directly on the glass.

Reaction score
See the last post in 2017...Its a new year and new projects...Busy with a new setup and will start a new thread soon in member setups.I ran my first marine tank skimmerless back in the day...Being at school still it was not an option to buy because of the price tags on this equipment...I ran that tank pretty successful. After that i moved into an apartment and i was forced to go smaller and had nano with little skimmer inclcuded...

Now that the rat race has been in full swing for about 10 years i plunged into it once more and trying to do the new setup as neat as possible(Getting proper equipment).

For the new build i bought the bubble magus curve 5.(Setup total volume is around 275 litres)

Can't wait to get this baby churning.I believe i have made the right purchase with regards to this.Any tips from current curve 5 owners or bubble magus owners in general??

Reaction score
Hi Salty.
Im using the curve 5 as well. Awesome skimmer. My setup is about 290L and its pulling some ugly stuff from the system. Also silent compared to my previous skimmer.

Reaction score
Water level is 20cm and the skimmer is set for dry skim. Just note the skimmers often go nuts when you change out your filter socks .

Keanan

2time
Reaction score
Anyone used the QQ2? What are your thoughts? I was thinking of getting one to replace the skimmer in the RSM 130D or will it be too week?

Keanan

2time
Reaction score
The 130D standard skimmer isn’t bad so wouldn’t bother replacing unless it’s broken
Its quite noisy though. It's the only reason for wanting to replace it.

Keanan

2time
Reaction score
Yeah I remember they can be, I remember people using the collection cup as an air silencer in some way, maybe give it a search?

Read that, will give it a try.

Reaction score
Hi All

Hoping to find some advice that will work for me as I'm at the point where i want to just get another skimmer cos this isn't working at all.
Here's my story:
I have a 550L -800L (including sump) system.
I have a about 6 soft corals, 7 fish and 2 shrimp.
I have a Curve 5 skimmer sitting in a constant water level of 25cm.

It worked great for the 1st week then packed up, the manufacturer replaced the pump (SP1000) and it just hasn't skimmed since.
Its been 3 months and still nothing.
The problem seems to be that the foam isn't reaching the top of the cup and and stays slightly below the bottom of the cup.
I've tried adjusting the flow to raise the level inside with the big dial between 1-3 and this makes absolutely no difference (I've even waited a few days each time in case I was acting impatiently).

I was even told that the plate above the pump with the holes needs to be adjusted so that the small area (without holes) is directly above the pumps output.
I've tried this and still no change.

I'm under the impression I've tried everything but i know this is 1 of the best skimmers so this is beyond frustrating for me.

Please help!!

Top Bottom