The Bubble Magus skimmer clan

Interesting thread. I have the Curve 9 running well on my new system. Which is 6 weeks old. I run it on the max setting and get a good amount of Skim. What is the best setting ?
Thanks

Nac 3,5 disintigrated

I bought a Nac 3,5 when I started my tank and about two weeks ago I saw small cracks appear in the collection cup.Two days latter the cup was completely covered with small cracks and it shattered.Yesterday I saw the same type of cracks appear in the body of the skimmer.Anybody else have encountered this proplem?

Last edited:
hi people ive got a bm nac7 with atman ph 2500 pump mesh impeller,how can i modify it to a pin wheel impeller or what pumps can i use?

I bought a Nac 3,5 when I started my tank and about two weeks ago I saw small cracks appear in the collection cup.Two days latter the cup was completely covered with small cracks and it shattered.Yesterday I saw the same type of cracks appear in the body of the skimmer.Anybody else have encountered this proplem?
Never heard of that happening before. Are you running ozone through the skimmer?

I got the curve 5 today , my water level in my sump is at 430mm . I raised the skimmer about a 100mm. The water level is about 90mm below the skimmer cup . Do i need to raise it any more ?

I have a curve 5 upgraded from ts1. Problem I an having is it is nog pulling close to the same skimate as the ts1. My skimate is light green and only skims about 1 cm skimate in a week. Bought it about 2 or 3 months ago. Break in was about 2 weeks. Antone have any help or advide. Skimmer in about 26 cm of water set at about middle 2 and 3. If I set it lower then most skimate gets stuck in the neck.nice thick gunk and smelly. I dont know what wks to do.

uploadfromtaptalk1452779029713.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452779037584.jpg

Awaiting delivery of my Curve 5 tomorrow:thumbup:
is it possible to overskim? my tank is about 140l incl sump

@shiks
Maybe these guys can help with your curve 9 setup?

So I just started my tank. Bm Curve 5 Skimmer is set to max.ky tank including sump is 210L There is nothing in the cup as yet. Is the setting ok for now? It's been about 3 days. I've only got live sand and base rock. Putting some live rock in tomorrow.

@shiks
Maybe these guys can help with your curve 9 setup?

Guys....needs some advice...just received my BM curve 9 bday gift from #tekkengal.......ànd It's 20cm below in water level....BUT still churning bucket loads of water.....what do I do to fine tune
thanks in advance Shiks

Back
Top Bottom