The Bubble Magus skimmer clan

Reaction score
Just got a Curve 9 cant wait tonsee what it can do.
351CBE41-7E28-4645-B0D6-FA9260297D26.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys is it worth it upgrading from the curve 7 to curve 9?

Reaction score
Didn’t think the curve 5 would perform quite this well! That’s 3 days

Reaction score
Hi all...

I bought a BM Curve D9 skimmer from a reefer and it was working perfectly. I tried setting it up the other day as my tank was finally ready and sparks come out of the power input on the controller when I try plug it in and nothing comes on so must have short circuited or something...question is WHAT NOW? I can find a new controller anywhere and I spent a couple of K on it so a new one is out of the question...any advise would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi all...

I bought a BM Curve D9 skimmer from a reefer and it was working perfectly. I tried setting it up the other day as my tank was finally ready and sparks come out of the power input on the controller when I try plug it in and nothing comes on so must have short circuited or something...question is WHAT NOW? I can find a new controller anywhere and I spent a couple of K on it so a new one is out of the question...any advise would be much appreciated!

The sparks is normal when plugging that in.....you tried pushing & holding the controller dial in for awhile?

Reaction score
The sparks is normal when plugging that in.....you tried pushing & holding the controller dial in for awhile?
It sparks continuously when it's plugged in but I will try again when I get home...thanks

Reaction score
It sparks continuously when it's plugged in but I will try again when I get home...thanks

Ok that is not normal....normal is you'll just get a bit of sparking when you plug it in, it don't continue, i'd check what power supply your using & make sure its DC output...Output should be 24volt + 3.5 amp power supply...maybe a bit differant on the amps but defiantly should be 24V

Reaction score
Ok that is not normal....normal is you'll just get a bit of sparking when you plug it in, it don't continue, i'd check what power supply your using & make sure its DC output...Output should be 24volt + 3.5 amp power supply...maybe a bit differant on the amps but defiantly should be 24V
Thamk you! I did not think it was normal to spark at all so thought it was busted...working a charm now!

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a Curve 9+ skimmer pump replacement. Cant seem to find a replacement in SA..waiting on stock eta 6weeks

Recommended replacement is the Dsp4000 is there any alternatives

bm.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a Curve 9+ skimmer pump replacement. Cant seem to find a replacement in SA..waiting on stock eta 6weeks

bm.jpg
Sp4000 also fine.

had to go the same route

Reaction score
Hi

How long ago you buy it? - i'd ask him to open a new box & send you the pump out of it. These spares seem to be forever an issue with him.

Reaction score
Just spoke to a guy there is stock of the sp4000 and it will fit. Only set back here is the pump is not a dc pump so does make a but of noise compared to the dsp4000

Reaction score
Hi everyone... who is using Bubble magus Z6 skimmer? and how has it been working for you? Pros and cons?

Top Bottom