The Barclays Premier League

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by HOT SAUCE, 3 Jan 2014.

1. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

Everyone loves soccer and everyone has a favorite team. In the past decade the Barclay's Premier League has emerged as arguably the most exciting and competitive league in the world attracting the best players from every corner of the globe.

Which is your favorite team or player? Discuss the latest games and transfers and even our predictions for the end of the season standings.

Few topics we can start with.... do Arsenal have enough depth in the squad to maintain top position? Liverpool for top four finish or can they maybe even win the league? The return of the Special One ... has he had the impact many Chelsea fans thought he would? Luis Suares is he the best striker in the world right now? And of course David Moyes who really has some big shoes to fill.... and so on ... let the banter begin

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

I love Liverpool but hate Suarez with a passion. His only saving grace is that he plays damn well.

4. contini

contini

SPURS FOR A TOP FOUR SPOT FOR SURE :thumbup::1:

5. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

haha @tekkengal that's a first... most Liverpool fans I know absolutely worship Suares and blame everything that goes wrong to the manager. but even as a Chelsea fan myself I have to admit that Suares is on another level at the moment

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

@contini after the weekend result I have to say that a top four finish very possible even tho there are about six or seven teams this season who are fighting for those spots.
    @mala1610 what do you say about the weekends game

7. Ishtak

Ishtak

Why exactly do you hate Suarez?? The guy plays with his heart on his sleeve .. and yes he has gone over the top. Which incident makes you hate him? Evragate? Ivanobite? Hand of God? The only one of those so far where he wrong was the biting thing. Evragate was a complete farce and name me one professional player in world football that wouldn't have done the same thing to get his team into the next round of the WORLD cup .. not a mickey mouse cup ..

Can you guess who I support?? :D

8. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

He is an a** (and it wasn't the first time he bit someone) but I do admit he has skill.

9. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

I wish we had a player like suares at Chelsea .. we would be unstoppable

10. VicZA

VicZA

Been a Man United fan from the day that our very own Gary Bailey put that shirt on ... tough season for us this year, we will be lucky to make top 4. Our defenses seems to be our biggest problem with an unsettled center back pairing and a non-existent (make shift) right back with the absence of Rafael.

My prediction for top 4 this year, in this order:
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Man United

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has a MUCH bigger BMT than Wenger and hence he will collect more points during the big games than Arsenal - that will make the difference at the end of the season.

City, like United this season, blow hot or cold ... and don't get me started on these guys ... they win a premiership title on goal difference with the last kick of the season and then rekon they are the best team in England ... it's simple ... they're NOT !!

Tim Sherwood, ride the wave while you can, it won't last.

Like I said, United would be luck to be 4th - if it ended up being Everton I would not be disappointed - their manager has done a great job.

That's my 2 cents

11. KSreefster

KSreefster

After Sir Alex retired, it went downhill from there, still a big Man U fan so hopefully they can pull through

12. Ethanjordanu

Ethanjordanu

Hi guys nice to see some football fans but Liverpool all the way and will for sure finish top 4 Y.N.W.A

13. reef addict

reef addict

Arsenal players are starting to believe in Arsene again. Dissapointed in Ozil he has not really come to the party. Arsenal do need a top striker. . hoping jan transfer they buy. or we will loose the race to the title..
    what worries me is Arsenal choke playing the big four..

14. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

I was with a friend last night who's a big ManU supporter and he reckoned that Man U should do what Chelsea done two years ago and go all out for the Champions League and thus secure qualification for next season ... I think that's very risky and actually don't really see them beating teams like city or Madrid at the moment especially with a suspect defence like @VicZA pointed out .... a real push for the top four is a must for them this season and I wouldn't be too much worried about winning anything not at least risking or sacrificing top four

15. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

as for City.... Eish that's a tough one. although their stickers haven't been the most prolific with the exception of Kun of course I've seen them play SK e amazing football and a midfield of Yaya and Frenandinho looks just unbreakable at times . but they have also been lacking at the back and Joe Hart has been average at his best bit I really see them winning the Championship this year again unless Mourinho goes and buys a striker that can actually score goals or Arsenal pull one out of a hat ...

16. EFJ

EFJ MASA Contributor

MANU fan here!!!! New couch different style but the second half of the season only be starting now. I believe anything can happen, MANU getting stronger (not there yet) Arsenal doing well and Chelsea is on a high at the moment (thanks to Jose Mourinho who is a good coach). I think this season can still end up in a surprise at the end. MANU all the way!!!!!

17. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

:nah:

18. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

No longer in the Premier league but a pride Blackburn Rovers supporter. We will see you in the premier league next season. :thumbup: BTW, we just drew against Man City in the FA Cup. :yeahdude::biggrin:

19. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

OK obviously there are some odd people so I'll rephrase...

Most people love soccer and most people have a favorite team :thumbup:

20. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

i watched the game and once again City were let down by their defense but credit where its due the rovers played a good game and hopefully can do more damage at the Etihad

21. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE Thread Starter

i was watching on Sky News earlier that the team that wins the FA Cup will play in the Europa League next season and if they win the Europa League they got to the CL ... wont be too bad for Blackburn hey :)

Recent Posts