The ATI Bubble Master Clan.

hi

Maybe but I use a pin wheel in my setup and works just aswell if not better than the the thread wheel, with far less maintenance.

Not an ATI skimmer.
Hi Allan yes i found it works far better and with the last lot of old ati skimmers i got in, i found the construction of pump was far better as it had no problems with start up and the clear rubber did not go into your skimmer pump but over it so that it was far better to handle and no,no start up problems

ridwaan i gota disagree with u here bro. my xp2000 cone was setup about 3 - 4 months ago and i have never fiddled with it to get it going. i set it up once and never played with the settings again. i switch it of to clean it and once i put it back on it skims straight away pulling out the same dark skimate all the time. no need to adjust it at all. not all chinease knock offs are the same.

Hi Ziyaad yes the xp2000 is a excellent skimmer,but german is so better,but if you happy with it all the best,the xp2000 skimmer i say again excellent skimmers,but if you compare pricing then its better to go german, as we all that owned the old bubble master ati 250 will say its in a league of its own

dude i totally agree, the quality of the european skimmers are unbelieveable ati,bubble master, bubble king all top notch, but to say that u always have to tinker with the chinease skimmers to get them to skim is not true. i can bet that the new generation reef octo's, skimz and bubble magus skimmers are very very close to the skimming performance of the big german makers if not on par.

what i will say in terms of actual quality of the skimmers and the materials used the germans are much better.

hi guys, anyone using the ATI Power Cone 250i (new generation) or the 250. Ive read they had a number of issues with pumps and some Italians were rather hacked off with them, but anyone on here using them and can give me honest reviews. I am in the market for a skimmer and this is one i am looking at carefully.

the spec sheets knocks rocks off other brands in its class and its significantly cheaper, Im just concerned with the pumps.

Hi Crispin, not that i use the newer ones, but there does seem to be a problem with pumps even on the older models. What happened to mine was the cable insulation (where the cable enters the pump) broke on both pumps, shocking experience. Solution was fairly easy i got hold of the new Tunze skimmer pumps and i must say they have performed like absolute champs with their pin wheels.

get the bubble magus BM-150 pro (bubble magus), real kick ass skimmers for there prices, same aquabee pumps as the deltec skimmers, jungle has them and its on special

thanks allan, im a little loath to swap out pumps on a new skimmer, especially as ati have made alot of claims about their meshwheels and soft start pumps. pulling in 3000l of air at 30w consumption and an air to water ration of 1,8:1 makes it sound like a beaut machine.

heres a thread you might find interesting, basically where my concerns about the pumps comes from... Check out the NEW ATI PowerCone Skimmer - Reef Central Online Community

Hi Crispin, not that i use the newer ones, but there does seem to be a problem with pumps even on the older models. What happened to mine was the cable insulation (where the cable enters the pump) broke on both pumps, shocking experience. Solution was fairly easy i got hold of the new Tunze skimmer pumps and i must say they have performed like absolute champs with their pin wheels.

Hi Alan, what model number is that tunze pump as i have had the same problem with 3 of my pumps, looking at getting a good replacment.

One issue that I have read about is that the pump does not restart on its own. You will have to blow into the venturi to get the pump started

airlock

hi guys, anyone using the ATI Power Cone 250i (new generation) or the 250. Ive read they had a number of issues with pumps and some Italians were rather hacked off with them, but anyone on here using them and can give me honest reviews. I am in the market for a skimmer and this is one i am looking at carefully.

the spec sheets knocks rocks off other brands in its class and its significantly cheaper, Im just concerned with the pumps.
Hi Guys ati has changed there pumps to soft start and really they promissed no start up problems at all,i had a problem with my bubble king 300 where when my skimmer started up there would be a vibration on the pump,what happens is your air pipe that is connected
to your skimmer pump is a bit thicker than normal, it tends to pick up a air lock,and all what must be done is,to switch off and restart,and thats why ati has opt for a soft start pump

well ive just ordered the new ati 250i which sounds like a beast for its price. lets hope ATI have sorted the pumps out well enough by now. Interestingly i ordered it through a sponsor here (Protein Skimmer ATI Skimmer, Sewatec.de,Protein Skimmer, ATI Skimmer, ) and their prices have been by far the most competitive of those ive found in Europe. So far the service from them has been great too.

very nice, please post pics of the beast when its running.

well ive just ordered the new ati 250i which sounds like a beast for its price. lets hope ATI have sorted the pumps out well enough by now. Interestingly i ordered it through a sponsor here (Protein Skimmer ATI Skimmer, Sewatec.de,Protein Skimmer, ATI Skimmer, ) and their prices have been by far the most competitive of those ive found in Europe. So far the service from them has been great too.
Awesome skimmer, but wow, what a very curious looking impellor. Would love some close up pics of that when you get it. :)

Congrats bud .... Now on which tank is this monster gonna run ... Also something I meant to ask you awhile back .... Is there anything else assisting your chiller to keep temp up in your part of the world ... Here in Newcastle we already experiencing below zero temps with winter flying in fast .... Have to have my aircon on heating most of the time to keep the ambient temp in check so as not to have temp swings ......

it makes me nervous having two mods reply to my post ona sunday:p
very nice, please post pics of the beast when its running.
i certainly will do. it may take a while as it looks like i will hqave to chop up my sump a little to get it in properly. Not a real issue as the DSB chamber is too small to be of real intertest so i'll make changes to do a large mechanical and chemical filtration area, more space for carbon and phosphate remover etc. but i'll get it in soon.
Awesome skimmer, but wow, what a very curious looking impellor. Would love some close up pics of that when you get it. :)
that impellor does look odd doesnt it. makes sence if you want to chop air though and the specs sound great for price. i'll charge the camea, although it will be a while before i get the skimmer as theres a backlogg in production (germans not being efficient:p, but i'll wait for the quality:))
Congrats bud .... Now on which tank is this monster gonna run ... Also something I meant to ask you awhile back .... Is there anything else assisting your chiller to keep temp up in your part of the world ... Here in Newcastle we already experiencing below zero temps with winter flying in fast .... Have to have my aircon on heating most of the time to keep the ambient temp in check so as not to have temp swings ......
thanks mate. this is going onto my main house tank. the deltec ap850 i have in there is battling (my fault NOT deltecs) and it needs a new pump. so I am going musical tank a few skimmers around and basically phase out ts4 for deltec and ati (if the ati performs). I could have upgraded to a newer generation deltec but i'll give ati a run and see how they go. (skimmer pimp as such).

well to be honest ive dropped the chiller, althoygh i did have one before. Now i just use two 300w heaters (jagers) and R800 000 worth of underfloor heating. so the house is warm and the living room (where this tank) is climatically controlled. Its just far cheaper for me to burn firewood and climatically controll the ambient temp than it is to use power (electricity is very expensive here) to controll the tank.

I am putting the other tanks into my fish room, which is in the basement and that will be warmed off the same wood burning underfloor heating, so temp is actually pretty stable for me.

it makes me nervous having two mods reply to my post ona sunday
:lol::lol:Yip there is a fire alarm with those red flashing light things here at MASA HQ that goes off when you log on.

Back
Top Bottom