The Aquaforest users thread!

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by leslie hempel, 23 May 2018.

1. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Sponsor MASA Contributor

i thought i would start a thread to allow fellow Aquaforest users to put their systems on show and to discuss the various products sucesses and user experiences.

my understanding of aquaforest is that a specific strain of bacteria is uitilised and built upon and the products developed are made to use with this bacteria type, i am assuming that competitors use a simular strain but that their products will follow suite, because the bacteria strains may vary between competitors i would suggest that each product brand be uitilised as a system and that you not cross brand products as you may add conflicting strains which could be counter productive, either way i have alot to learn and im looking forward to valuable input and growth of knowledge of the correct use of the Aquaforest brand!

Quality Marines SA likes this.
  2. Guest

3. Vleis Visagie

Vleis Visagie Be good or be good at it

Ahooi.

Currently on a full AF system for one month now....

AF Probiotic Salt
    AF Amino Mix
    AF Vitality

86058D3B-6C3E-4B80-9805-4CCFF2FC5929.jpeg

Last edited: 23 May 2018
  4. Christo

Christo

Halloooooo

Currently Running AF Reefsalt

FTS
    IMG_8969.JPG

Side View
    IMG_9016.JPG

5. Wizard$

Wizard$

Must say I am really impressed with what I see sofar in terms of their products, approach, marketing and pricing. I am starting a new tank and still have left over products from various other manufacturers but can't wait to change everything over to AF

madmatt and Quality Marines SA like this.
  6. Barlan

Barlan

Hi All

Just about to start filling my 750, the tank will be full aquaforest. Thanks to Jc for bringing back some of their reactors for me from Poland :D. Really appreciate it. Plan on having 2 x af110 reactors, 1 will hold the life bio fil and the other doing the stack method.

20180522_180013.jpg 20180522_180852.jpg

7. Vleis Visagie

Sorted

8. Vleis Visagie

AF Energy,

It contains COPPERSULPHATE, which i take it what gives your corals its color by reducing zooxanthella production. Do you have to run carbon with AF energy or not?

Last edited: 12 Jul 2018
  9. Christo

Christo

Say What?

Vleis Visagie likes this.
  10. Vleis Visagie

@Quality Marines SA

11. Quality Marines SA

Quality Marines SA Quality Livestock and Products Guaranteed Sponsor

This is True but it is in such a small concentration it does not harm any organisms:

AF Energy contains a highly nutritious concentrated feed for all types of corals, especially SPS corals. AF Energy is a unique composition of the most valuable, natural extracts. It contains unsaturated Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins and amino acids. AF Energy contains a natural extract from a specially selected zooplankton. By limiting the growth of zooxanthellae, it increases the bright, pastel coloration of SPS corals. AF Energy has been enriched with a copper sulfate, which is needed for proper development and intense coloration of corals. The content of copper sulfate in this product is almost undetectable and completely safe for all marine organisms. Due to the acidic reaction of AF Energy, we recommend using AF Build the same day in order to stabilize pH levels.

Thanks

madmatt, Barlan and Vleis Visagie like this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot

I think this is a fantastic thread. I am leaning towards the same reef salt for my new tank and could not find this info any more valuable. Many thanks but please keep the info coming.

Recent Posts