The Aquabeauty LED light club

Reaction score
i see there is very little posted on the net regarding these LED units so having recently been able to play with all 3 models available i thought id open a dedicated thread for them to assist browsers worldwide on some info..

they are very lovley lightweight units, pack quite a punch for their size and are not too badly priced considering they are programmable via keypad and or remote.

just a few basic questions i have been asked

Will 2 or more units operate on a single remote controller? yes they will (i have tested this on a 35w and 105w operating simoutaneously on the same tank.

what models are available? 35w, 70w and 105w

lensed or unlensed? unlensed...

what mounting opetions are available? hanging kit comes standard but acrylic brackets are an optional extra at an additional fee.

Are they heavy? not at all. lightweight in a nice and neat acrylic cover, LED.s are nicley concealed behind a clear acrylic cover which is non removable to my knowledge.

light spread on various models? rough suggestion? i have not tried all the models as of yet other than the 35w which is illuminating my 90 x 40 x 60cm freshwater tank still currently under construction.

PAR output? see diagram below for suggested PAR values

other things worth mentioning: the operating temp is diplayed on the digital display on the unit which i think is a pretty nifty feature...

please contribute to the thread with first hand experiences on these little units, they are smart and very pleasing to the eye,

Last edited:
Reaction score
first vid on the net i culd find of the 35w unit in action

Reaction score
Leslie would the 35W be ok to use on a SPS dominated TL550?

@Dane G i cant see why not, by the initial look of the unit it seems to conform to most of what we know barring that it is unlensed.

coverage will be adequate in my opinion but if in doubt go for one size up for a small jump in price.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
@Dane G i cant see why not, by the initial look of the unit it seems to conform to most of what we know barring that it is unlensed.

coverage will be adequate in my opinion but if in doubt go for one size up for a small jump in price.....

Thank you for that, Im at the toss up between going T5 or LED, I have found lots of negatives about LED's and am very uncertain

Reaction score
How do these units dissipate heat ?
heatsink with a fan that kicks in automatically when the temp rises to a cut in point..

Reaction score
@contini

here is a 4ft a mate of mine has just put one over, its a 1,200 x .750 x .600 tank

Reaction score

my 35w

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought two of the 105 units for my 1.5x0.6x0.6. Which mode do you guys use? Auto or Manual, becuase on Auto my lights were still on at 3:00am.

Reaction score
Hi

Thank got it set. Works well. I hve two 105w units on my 1.5x0.6x0.6. Are these enough for my tank?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am considering getting one of these for my Nano tank (TL550), would the 35kw be the right option?

also does anyone know of they fit into the lid/hood of the tank?

many thanks

Reaction score
I see Nathan hasn't been active for a while? Is he still the agent for these LEds?

Reaction score
They are not heavy and can fit on the bracing, but u can get stands or use the supplied hanging kit. I am quite happy so far but will know more once I add more corals. The program function is easy and works like a charm.

Reaction score
Hi FueY,

Yes the 35w is the right option.

No you have to modify the hood to let it fit.

Also if your tenk has the frost where the lights shine trough, chuck it and get youself a clear perspex from maizey plastics.

All that im trying to find out is if i can run the light @ 100% without burning my corals.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom