Tetra Marine SeaSalt

Reaction score
Any comments on this salt ?

T704026_p00_a01_v001.png

Tetra Germany - Products - Marine - Care & Remedy - Care & Medicinal Products - Tetra Marine SeaSalt - Tetra Marine SeaSalt

Video: Tetra Germany - Tetra MyExpert - Moviethek

I know a difficult Q but is it in the TM or Real Ocean bracket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why I am interested, is it is German and not Seachem/TM pricing.

Nice to hear you happy, I think I try a small batch :)

It is still all hush hush. Was told Instant Ocean, but then somebody said it does not feel or smell like it. If you get some compare it to TM just hope you still have some.

Will do a test this week.

i saw it at panorama the other day and was wondering if its any good... please report back

i saw it at panorama the other day and was wondering if its any good... please report back

Well I can tell you it seems much better than Real Ocean. With a 20% water change the water looks really crystal clear and my 1 leather always used to shrivel up after a water change with Real Ocean is 100% at the moment.

This salt is cool, made a mixture tested for PO4 and Nitrates and nothing.

Seems to take a little more quantity than the TM salt to get my SG level.

I try the next 3/4 water changes and see if I have any adverse reactions from the inmates

What would the TDS of the RO have to do with the salt ?
Well, you obviously cannot get correct results of phosphates if use RO with a shitty TDS.
Remember, high TDS = Algea, cyano and other nuisance's in a system.
Do a Po4 test with a TDS of 0 then do a test with a TDS of say 15,will the results be the same?

IMO our test kits are not good enough to do a propper test...we need someone with a photometer to do a test

Do a Po4 test with a TDS of 0 then do a test with a TDS of say 15,will the results be the same?

NO

A TDS of 0 indicates no dissolved compounds in the water, 15 indicates that something is in the water.

So I would say that higher TDS reading indicates more dissolved compounds and could have higher levels of PO4.

Back
Top Bottom