Testing a T5 ballast

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to test a T5 ballast (Tridonic.Atco PC 2/39 T5 Pro lp - if that means anything to anyone!)? Case of it was working and was unplugged and stored for a few weeks and the lights do not come on now when I plugged it all in again.
Thanks

have you made sure that all of the wires are connected properly to the terminals kevin?

yep thats the only way to test it and if its a dual ballast make sure u connect bolth bulbs !!! also if still not working , try another set of bulbs , bulbs can also be old/faulty

Kev, try and push the wires into the ballast properly. If you need a hand I can pop in tonight.

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of response - had to go earn some money today! I will check teh wiring again - in fact am planning to rewire all the lights anyway as my existing canopy is annoying me. Will post later/tomorrow about whether it worked or not. Essentially though then there is no way to test the ballast itself other then with trial and error with the wiring and bulbs?

Cheers
PS Smithers you are welcome to pop in

Is it true that a dual ballast will only work if both globes are connected and working ?

So is there no way to test the outputs with a multimeter when connected to 220AC ?

Kevin, a bit off topic, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that ballast, i'm also looking at getting a dual 39w T5 ballast and i've seen them for around R200 here

Oh really, that's cheap, I wonder if I should rather order one from cape town, maybe buying and shipping will be cheeper for a 39w dual ballast than buying it here

hey, could i maybe sneak in on it to. also need T5 ballast...luke maybe we can split the price on postage? why is everything always more expensive in slummies?

Back
Top Bottom