Test kits

Reaction score
Hi All:wave2:

When starting up a 1.2m tank at the beginning, which test kits should i be looking to buy in terms of what should i be testing first and which brand names.

Should i buy a kit to test for everything or is the some test that are only required later as the tank settles after say about 6 months

Thanks

Hi All:wave2:

When starting up a 1.2m tank at the beginning, which test kits should i be looking to buy in terms of what should i be testing first and which brand names.

Should i buy a kit to test for everything or is the some test that are only required later as the tank settles after say about 6 months

Thanks

I have heard Tropic Marin and Seachem are good, but you need to verify this with the Gurus

Salifert are usually considered the very best amature test kits, but i don't know if they are available in SA

I am sure Salifert is available, I would go with Mike's suggestion

Tropic Marine is an excellent brand. I have also used it for years. However the Po4 is'nt all that accurate. For Po4 try Lamoete, Deltec ot Tunze.

Seachem has a test kit called "Marine Basic".
It includes all the test kits u gonna need when starting out.
(pH & Alkalinity, Ammonia ,Nitrite & Nitrate)
It is a great test kit and gives accurate results .Easy to use as well.
Tropic marine would be my first choice but they don't do a complete test kit that includes all 5 basic test that I am aware of.
If money is not the problem get tropic marine ,but as explained they will have to be bought individually

David TM have the Expert kit which includes all 5. ;)

The seachem is wicked but I have one complaint, why is the packaking so crap.

The TM has compartments for every syringe and container, where the seachem is all just chucked into a box and if you need to do only a pH test you have to take out 50 items :whistling:

expert_testset.jpg

Tropic Marin

the TM, just forced it in the end :p, shouldnt have taken everything out the 1st time i opened the box

:lol::lol:

It comes with a loose diagram that shows where everything must slot in. Maybe fell out in your haste to play with the new toys :)

David TM have the Expert kit which includes all 5. ;)

The seachem is wicked but I have one complaint, why is the packaking so crap.

The TM has compartments for every syringe and container, where the seachem is all just chucked into a box and if you need to do only a pH test you have to take out 50 items :whistling:

expert_testset.jpg

Tropic Marin

Very kool i never knew .Will speak to my LFS about it.
Only seen the multi and single test kits of TM.
But the magic question is: price comparison

Back
Top Bottom