Test Kits, drops vs tablets

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
which test kits use tablets for testing, i know most have liquids and u count drops, but drop size varies with temp, shaken etc and was wondering how this would affect the results.

there was a test kit i used years ago that had tablets, i think it was TM

Not sure. Only the HTH pool test use tablets for chlorine:p. If you really want to split hairs and really be accurate then you should do the test three times and average the result. That will only work with the more sensitive tests.

hehe, just want to see how accurate tests are, my chemist will test my water for me, but thats only every month or 2, gives a good idea of whats in there :)

i just remember using them a while back and where easier to use

which test kits use tablets for testing, i know most have liquids and u count drops, but drop size varies with temp, shaken etc and was wondering how this would affect the results.

there was a test kit i used years ago that had tablets, i think it was TM

Drop size and temp is not a problem as the range of the test kit and colour charts have been manufactured and calibrated for the fluctuations in normal operating temperatures.

The Seachem states this in it's manual and reckons the fluctuations wouldn't change the result enough for you to even pick-up, optically.

cool thanks :)
must be my red sea kit, wanna get some new ones, but this will do for the cycling period

Back
Top Bottom