TDS of R.O water

Reaction score
Ok i just replace my membrane today along with the carbon block, i also added a 1micron filter into my other chamber.

ran the carbon for a while, to get rid of all the crap. then i ran the whole thing for about 2 hours now and the tds is stuck on 7. it wont come down... whats up?

could the DI resin be the problem?

When last did you change the Resin?

i havent changed it since ferdie gave it to me. its yellowish on one end and dark brown on the other end. i cant figure this out...

Last edited:
When the resin goes yellow that means it's exhausted and needs to be replaced.

well i think when i bought it ferdie said on the thread that he replaced all filters and resin. why is it yellow so quick? only been 2 months?

what filters do u guys have in your r.o units?

My resin is normally completely exhausted after 3 months, also I replace my prefilters every 6 months.

How much of your resin is yellow?

It also depends on the TDS of your tap water, if that is very high then your filters and resin will finish up pretty quick. My tap water TDS is normally around 57 and my resin only lasts 3 months.

ok my tap water has a TDS of 200... and my resin was 3/4 yelow and 1/4 brown. i mixed the resin up a bit and now its a light brown. TDS is still at 7 though.

Be careful, the newer resins are now yellow when new.
Thanks Warr, I wasn't aware of that.

ok my tap water has a TDS of 200... and my resin was 3/4 yelow and 1/4 brown. i mixed the resin up a bit and now its a light brown. TDS is still at 7 though.
I reckon if you replace your resin it should bring it down, 200 TDS is very high, means your unit has to work harder and the filters exhaust quicker. :(

Is your TDS meter calibrated?

Why not bypass your resin filtre and test?

And if you test it on distilled water? Maybe it is callobrated to a min of 7?

no i have gotten a reading of 0 on other R.O water. and mine used to be at 3. now when i put new stuff in its up at 7??

Back
Top Bottom