TB

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hey guys,one of my staff has a TB infection.is this contagious as compared to a person who has full TB?
please advise

read this general information on TB

But check with YOUR doctor, I would tell you I am normal if it meant keeping my job.

You, normal:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stoppit Kanga, my sides will split.

If it was me Miki, i would not get with 100m of my kids until i had spoken to my own doc, TB is a horrible nasty disease, and very infectious.

When i was 13years old, we were in class one day when the local hospital mediacl team showed up, turned out one of our teachers had caught TB in eastern europe, we all got tested that day and innoculated some time after the lump on our arms had gone down.

Wee Idiot said:
You, normal:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stoppit Kanga, my sides will split.

Yeah right, i am a few things but normal, err no

If it was me Miki, i would not get with 100m of my kids until i had spoken to my own doc, TB is a horrible nasty disease, and very infectious.

Agreed

thanks guys.im just worried about my kid and my pregnant wife.the staff is under medication and MAY be cured between 3-6 months.what you guys think?safe?

Mekaeel, I would certainly in a case like this rather ask a proper doctor, if it was white spot or RTN we could help, but in this case get a Professional

As long as the infected person has been on proper treatment for some weeks already then the chances of it being transmissable is almost nil. However we as South Africans are exposed to TB almost daily and only once a person has a lowered immunity for various reasons then the chances of contracting the disease is actually very small.
I find TB fascinating as its a real issue here and i distribute a few different tests for its presence to laboratories.

As long as the infected person has been on proper treatment for some weeks already then the chances of it being transmissable is almost nil.

Correct, BUT the infected person MUST take their medicine every day. If this worker has already been treated and is considered safe by a medical doctor I would suggest that you make her take the medicine in your presence every day, thus not only assisting her in being cured, but most importantly also protecting your family from being infected.

Ive contactd da medical centre n spoke 2a doc regardng dis....we nt talkng of TB here we speakng of the latent TB INFECTION...if u go 2ny health site or evn da link of palmercs its 2 difrent thngs al2getha.
Well...miki if u doubt it n think it is stil contagious,then u can stay away from the persn.

Ive contactd da medical centre n spoke 2a doc regardng dis....we nt talkng of TB here we speakng of the latent TB INFECTION...if u go 2ny health site or evn da link of palmercs its 2 difrent thngs al2getha.
Well...miki if u doubt it n think it is stil contagious,then u can stay away from the persn.
huh ???

You might want to try that again in english :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom