Taxes... WHAT ON EARTH ARE WE PAYING FOR????

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Visser, 6 Mar 2013.

1. Visser

Visser MASA Contributor

MAN OH MAN, what are we paying for????
    I know this is a very common subject of discussion is our country, but its now becoming totally absurd!
    In the olden days before '94, we also had high tax rates, but the fact was that 90% of it back then was used to fund our developing & growing country, & you could actually see it being utilised to make ZA a better place for all.
    Today, we are paying more than 3-4 times as much (income % wise) for NOTHING?:eek::censored::cursing::nono:
    No water, unreliable electricity, no police services, criminals bloody everywhere & they still have the guts to tell us they are increasing the bloody fuel price another R120/l by april??? WE ARE ALREADY PAYING MORE THAN HALF THE FUEL COST AS TAX, AND FOR WHAT, THE PRESIDENTS HOME???
    WHAT AM I MISSING HERE????
    Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me???

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

i agree, but nothing we can do really, how does one fight with SARS...
    when i was in USA the same was thought about IRS until they were after you

4. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

Last edited: 6 Mar 2013
  5. Visser

Visser Thread Starter MASA Contributor

Lol, yeah, post turtles exactly!

@dallasg, trust me, i completely understand paying for taxes is a must, & i will always be a loyal tax payer to the full...
    I just dont believe the government can justify why they need any more taxes...
    How long can it continue climbing before we have another "french revolution" scenario...
    Where can another R1.20 per liter possibly be needed for except for personal enrichment???

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

well this is a democracy, we need to all do our bit, most people like to moan and not do a thing...
    go to public meetings, help shadow ministers etc.....

there will always be balance, the scales always come to rest, its just the time it takes

7. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Are we allowed to talk politics on the forum? Notbtryin to be funny... Reading the rules is work.... But if we are then cool, this can be fun, lol.
    I hav to agree with your frustration Visser! Thanks to taxes, i am so broke I can hardly afford to pay attention.
    However, you need to see it from the other side of the track. There has been some major improvements in the previously disadvantaged communities. Yes, it can be a lot better a lot faster when wevdint spend 240 bar on an estate so him and all his staff can feel safe in nice showers. But you gotta compare pre 94 to now in all areas of SA. What do you think the crime was like in those areas back then? Its just that now we are exposed to it...
    It will eventually settle down, whether it be a country which is totally messed up like some in Africa, or whether it be a prosporous place for all.
    Which ever way it goes, there will always be those trying to take it the other way. Or in a prosporous place, we might get bored and start sticking our nose in other countries business.... Create wars to test our new toys....
    Just a thought: this here is Africa. Did you know it had no borders prior to colonization?

8. irie ivan

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
    Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
    King of Kings of Ethiopia

9. Visser

I agree that development needs to take place in ALL areas of south africa ivan. Trust me, i have 54 people working for me that lives in townships. I have relatively good relationships with almost all of them, & they will ALL tell you that crime was much less in the apartheid days. Most of them are afraid to buy something for themselfs as they know it will be stoled/taken from them in the townships...
    & yes, rural developments are a must. But as soon as you look behind the curtain of political lies, you will see that there only gets something done where the cameras are going to be... Not where it is really neccesary!!!
    Then im asking myself again. Where is the township development & new business money really going to... & the answer everytine stays.... Personal enrichment...

10. Visser

Especially Haile Selassie would not have stood for what is going on in this country...

Like he said himself.
    Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted,
    the indifference of those who should have known better,
    the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most,
    that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2013
  11. irie ivan

Yes visser totally agree. Take away the personal enrichment, and we would have been a utopia! But reality again, its not gonna happen, until the whole place goes for a ball of sh!t. But once there it will rise from the ashes. I have lived as the poorest of the poor in a place which makes Zim look like heaven and moergabe look like a saint. Its so poor there no longer is crime, as they hav become accustomed that its not worth stealing, so now even when they see someone with something, its not in their phsyche.
    Yet, starvation is none exisyant and the people are happy.
    Probably holds no point in this conversation, but i believe what occurred in Africa will occur here. Once its over.... It can only get better

12. irie ivan

Yep, that was my email sig for some time. But also, if the world listened to HIM world war two might hav never happened. Reality is, the human race dont listen to the voice.....
    So act, dont just complain! Not saying you dont visser, its aimed at somebody who might read it and take it to heart.

13. Visser

Its a fact ivan. It will happen here as well. I just start realizing more every day that the day of ashes is nearing at an alarming rate, & no one can prevent it.
    And yes, unfortunately there isnt a place thats utopia, but ZA doesnt need to be the next african country where genocide is an inevatable fate that has to happen... There are more than enough prophecies about a prosperous future in south africa. Lets just hope it ends well for most south africans when that time comes...

14. Visser

fortunately/unfortunately, im not someone that keeps quiet about evil.
    & there are those that dont like me for that, but im not one to stand still while evil truimph around me, & from what i can make out, neither are you.
    & im tired of not having a voice on the evil in the place i call home.
    Sorry, i have taken my own thread way off track...:)

15. irie ivan

Thats what i was trying to say earlier. And yes its coming fast by the look of things. Best we all start moving to the bush now already... But there are orher ways... And at this point i hav to put on my bullet proof vest and lifejacket, lol cause if I say it, the trith hurts and hurt people are dangerous, but I'll say it anyway:
    Give them what is "yours" because it was once "theirs"?????? And thats why I know im safe when it goes down!
    I should practice what i preach, running a reef tank can feed how many mouths, lol.

16. irie ivan

Nope, its waay ON TRACK! We'll be on the opium of the masses soon!

17. Visser

Lol, Its all fun & games till its your turn to give yours to those who do not appreciate what they ask to be theirs...
    Difference comes in when you seperate those who need it from those who just want it.

18. irie ivan

Had my turn, walked away without the trigger being pulled. Those that want will see i have nothing to give.

19. Handy

Handy

20. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

All philosophical ideals, quotes and dreams put aside! We pay because we have too. South Africa has the most progressive and advanced tax system in the world, SARS rocks! It's unfortunate that we look at the apple cart and only see rot, but there is still good, there is still hope, I chose to believe in the positive of mankind, try not complain and love the people and country of my birth!

21. Visser

@carlosdeandrade, try explain that to someone that has to be retrenched that the company he works for cant afford him anymore because the business isnt making anymore profits due to the higher fuel price & see if you can get him to show the same reaction.
    Its quite easy if you own a nice big home with enough to go around with & someone to provide, but if the provider cant provide anymore, the picture changes...
    Its all about quality of life... And unfortunately, 95% of south africans dont have that...
    I have always been a glass half full type of guy, but when i pay R6500 on fuel & toll & still have to drive on roads where i get an average of 2 flat tires a month... You start questioning that!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts