Tax query

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by lIghty, 22 Apr 2010.

1. lIghty

lIghty

Hi All

I submitted my Tax return last year, SARS then asked for supporting documentation, which I submitted on the 13 Oct '09.

After many calls and inquiries I eventually found out that the person that was doing the "audit" didn't finalize my return for payment and it had just been pushed to the side.

Now eventually after another call on Tuesday that finalized it and paid me my return, thats Great!

But I've since been told by a friend that they have to pay me the interest on that money whilst they have had it, it there any Tax consultants that could clear this up?

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brentnorm

brentnorm

You have already had one miracle. Don't be greedy.

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Justin - I will ask my wife. She used to work with these things..... She's not here right now. So - if you can wait until she's home.... I'll appreciate it.

5. vatso

vatso

What is the value? the tax amount they would pay is very small if it's not in the hundreds of thousands! also don't get on the wrong side of SARS they could audit you every year!

stuff like make you bring your car & show your KM's & & &

6. PeterL

PeterL

Take what you can get, they still owe me over R90K which they have conviniently written off...whatever...I now will go to any length to ensure they audit me and pay back every last cent if they don't accept my initial filings.

I worked out of the country for nearly 4 years and they said I was liable for SA tax payment because I wasn't out of the country for the 81 consecutive days in a tax year. As the tax law has it, I could counter claim their allegation and it meant that for the near 4 years, they owed me somewhere around R90 000 - I will never see that money because I have been pushed from pillar to post since 2005 and apparently the time lapse of 5yrs has expired any claims - but just wait if they need money from you, they will be on your door step within days if you don't pay ASAP...

Recent Posts