tankmate problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Samandar, 25 Jul 2012.

1. Samandar

Samandar

Hi, please help me. Two days ago I bought a brown tang and let it in may 150 g tank, in that I had two small damsel, yesterday I let another brown tang in the tank. The first one follow the second one continually. both of them are the same size about two inches. Shall I separate them. May the second one be in dangerous?

advise me please

Samandar

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

tangs are better kept in odd numbers if you intend to keem multiple members of the same species together.. how big is your system, and yes i would definatley recomend seperating them...

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Is the one fish chasing the other, hurting it? or are they just following each other.

Both are still small. But will grow up and then most likely fight. Let them be for another day or two, so that they can get used to each other. But if the one is being hurt, then rather separate them

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Would that be a 150 Gallon Tank..:)

6. Samandar

Samandar Thread Starter

my tank is 150 gallon ( 550 liter ). thank you for your advise. if I put another scopas, do you mean that the situation would be better?

7. shaunn

shaunn

not necessarily its better to have 3 different types of tangs then 3 of the same tang

8. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Scopa, no
    they will fight. Certain tangs are just a lot more aggressive than others. And Scopa is one of them

When you mentioned Brown tang, I thought you are referring to the one from Hawaii. Also there is the Powder brown tang. Being more specific helps.

9. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Generally, you can keep different genera together, examples of some genera are Parachanthurus, Zebrosoma, and Acanthurus.
    But like the guys say, you need to keep a watch on the dude that's been in the tank longer, usually they are the more a aggressive ones.

Hope they will be ok, I had a yellow tang that fought with my copperband when the lights went out, silly fish, eventually he just got too big for my tank and I swopped him for a Naso.

10. Samandar

Samandar Thread Starter

Hi guys, today when I wrote for you I was at work. When I came home I saw that the second one scopas is in the very arm situation. it was knock down, fortunately not yet knock out. I separate it. I hope it will be ok. It eat nothing. I don't have a lot of choise for foods. Will the lettuce good choice for it?
    Honestly I like have more than one fish of the same kind. It was my first try. advise me about the fish kind that I can have in group, at least two of each kind. I research tonight and I find that some of butterfly fishes are suitable for me. Which kind are the best? Also which kind of another fishes would be suitable?

Thanks a lot
    Samandar

Recent Posts