Tanked - TV show

@2time ..for the newsgroup thing.. can I use normal telkom adsl? coz it has local bandwith

Yip, just as amalick said. Set t to use the local sites so that it chow your international data.

@amalick .. is there another local news group thingy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really- If you use news groups and uses local only bandwidth then its really cheap. Like R130 for 30 gigs worth of downloads or R70 for 10 gigs worth. I downloaded all six episodes from Newzhost and Im hooked (excuse the pun). Truth be told I have not even watched DSTV or any otherTV stuff for more than 3 years now, I just downlaod everything and watch on demand.
Mmmmm interesting!!!!! :whistling:

yay :D .. Yeah I saw it opens in 93days.. :) .. Thanks dude! Gonna click thanks :p

Just out of Intrest...can someone bring me up to date as I'm Tecnology deprived..:p..this NewsHost...is it something like..Mweb..Vodacom...etc where you use them as a Server...?..:blush: Or is it where you have you'r Server and just search the Web thru them...I use 24.com...I'm pre-paid, so I usually stay away from Video's as it chews MB bigtime...:eek:

You have to admit they do nice work when it comes to building a tank. However, skateboarding on a tank....Not so much! Pretty cruel to the fish!

I don't like the fact that this is making marine tanks look easy. This is going to make a lot of people want one. Of course they'll fill it the same way that it was shown on Animal Planet. You would think that Animal Planet would care a little more about the livestock!

You have to admit they do nice work when it comes to building a tank. However, skateboarding on a tank....Not so much! Pretty cruel to the fish!

I don't like the fact that this is making marine tanks look easy. This is going to make a lot of people want one. Of course they'll fill it the same way that it was shown on Animal Planet. You would think that Animal Planet would care a little more about the livestock!
Yes I love their Tanks...:)...but I was disgusted at the Skateboard Tank...:eek:..but can't blame them as that's what the Customer wanted...:(..hopefully that was just a once-off for the show and hopefully the Staff won't permanently use the front panel as a board...they did make it nice and steep so hopefully the skaters end up stopping just before the Tank starts..man can only hope..:(..

The up side to this...and that is of cause if you can call it an upside..:(..more people will want to have Tanks and that would introduce more people to the hobby.. and the "bad" one's will be weeded out...those who will soon learn there is more to it than the Episodes and become better.. and hopefully, the bad one's will sell their Tanks..hoping that happens before the Fish die..:(..but at least then, those "bad" one's are gone from this Hobby...

The up side to this...and that is of cause if you can call it an upside..:(..more people will want to have Tanks and that would introduce more people to the hobby.. and the "bad" one's will be weeded out...those who will soon learn there is more to it than the Episodes and become better.. and hopefully, the bad one's will sell their Tanks..hoping that happens before the Fish die..:(..but at least then, those "bad" one's are gone from this Hobby...

Unfortunately too many lives will be lost.

Brett did say that Season 2 will have more background information. I'm guessing that the negative feedback is getting some attention. I do think this could be an awesome show if done properly.

Unfortunately too many lives will be lost.

Brett did say that Season 2 will have more background information. I'm guessing that the negative feedback is getting some attention. I do think this could be an awesome show if done properly.

I have to admitt that I love the show already...I love their Tanks..the idea's are so out of the box..that's also one of the reasons I love Cake Boss..:blush:...will also add that if combined with the Educational aspect of the hobby, then Tanked will truely be a well rounded show...
Oh, and the phone booth tank...it's already for sale!

See here: Phone Booth Aquarium from the show "Tanked" on Animal Planet | eBay
Think someone said that they are upgrading...I'm just hoping the Owners don't want to compete with the Jones's and have no intention of getting a bigger Tank...I console myself with the idea that these people are so rich that.. do they find out that it's harder to keep a Tank than what they thought...hopefully they just pick up the phone and call LFS to maintain the Tank...

I don't remember seeing an anemone. I haven't seen all of the shows. Those that I've seen have been bits and pieces here and there. I have too many interuptions to be able to watch anything from start to finish! :1hissyfit:
There was one couple with kids..their whole house was build around "Feng Shui"...that's the only Tank in all their shows to date that was an "all natural" Tank...Corals...LR...Refugium...about a minute before the show ended..(I think) he told them about the Clowns and the Nennie and the Camera gave us a shot of them...

Last edited:
Hard to say..I'm no Expert when it comes to them, but from what I read on MASA I would say it was slightly bleached...I could be wrong because it looked like those white with purple tips...I think it's Heteractis Crispa Nennie..I could be wrong with the name...I just know that if you find one here, it's probably bleached...but they are more available overseas..right..:confused1: If memory serves me right..they looked like this...
SabaeAnemone-pammy.jpg
H.CrispaNewSchool04-pic1.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhere on the Link is the Feng Shui Tank..maybe you can FF till the end...not sure if it's extra footage..or lighlights only...
Tanked : Videos : Animal Planet

Back
Top Bottom