Urgent help needed Tank yellow!!!

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Dikdaan, 20 Jun 2010.

1. Dikdaan

Dikdaan

Hi all

I was away for the week for work, got back this morning to see that my skimmer was off and the water turned yellow!!!The nennie and the pincushion looks terrible!!! I dont have any RO water at home to do a water change as the people who watched over my tank did not go and buy any!!

Can any one help me? What do i need to do?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaak

Jaak

Try and get hold of Lanzo and see if they can't help you! I would do a big water change if you can get some RO and also move the Nennie out of the tank. Prevention might end up costing you less than having the nennie wipe out your whole tank.

4. Evo R

Evo R

Shame sterkte!!

5. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Best would be to do a large (25%) water change, but if you do not have RO water then you have a problem... Hopefully other MASA members living close to you can help you with some mature salt water from their tanks (better than using freshly made salt water...), but in the meantime, run activated carbon, and set the skimmer to run very wet, if possible. It might also help to direct a power head to the water surface, to maximize gas exchange.

Good luck.

Hennie

6. Jurgs

Jurgs

i am in benoni and have RO if you want to come and get a couple of L.

7. Dikdaan

Dikdaan Thread Starter

Thx every one, still working on the tank...Did bout 15% water change... Will also run carbon on the tank

8. vatso

vatso

I use an Ozone unit which helps keep the water clear - I suggest getting one will help remove the yellow from your tank

9. Dikdaan

Dikdaan Thread Starter

The nennie is almost the size of a dinner plate...The tank is looking better today, not yellow any more...Put in 2 skimmers and did a 180Liter water change. The nennie took some food today and its only the back part of him that doesnt look "alive" any more. The back tenticles are a blueish colour and he doesnt use them to take food with... All Fish and coral looking better.

Thanks to all that gave me advice, phoned me, gave me RO water etc. I owe you all

10. PeterL

PeterL

You don't owe us dude, this is just what we do on MASA - help one another out with an unselfish act of kindness. Glad to hear all is going strong

11. Dikdaan

Dikdaan Thread Starter

Thanks Peter!!! need to thank you most of all!!Will keep you updated on the recovery

Recent Posts