Tank sitting for a mate - feel a bit rusty!

Reaction score
so mikeBushie has gone away for the next week and a half and asked me to look after his tank.

I know a lot about reef tanks but being out of the game for the last 5 months or so makes me feel a little rusty to say the least. haha

Anyone want to say any words of wisdom? ;)

I'm checking the RO Auto top up

Dosing calcium twice daily (and will be doing Ca tests to ensure I do this correctly).

Feeding fish 2 x daily

Feeding sun coral every 2 - 3 days

Was only planning one water change but I see he has some green hair algae (although He has a carbon reactor and an algae scrubber as well as a reef octo TS1 running) so I might possibly do 2 water changes??

Will probably change carbon soon too.

Any advice?

Are these the instructions given to you by Mike? if yes then stick to those;)

Pretty much - except i thought i would do extra water changes and change carbon etc ;)

Jacques: His tank is looking nice - I will check params before I do the water change

If you're tank sitting then my advise is do what is neccessary to keep everything running and healthy. I'm sure the tank can survive 2 weeks without water changes/carbon changes etc...

Rather leave the big impact changes for when your mate gets back

Jacquesb: He has a midas blenny, some anthias and a puffer. He told me to feed 2 x daily as those fish need to be fed more often?? I used to feed 1 x daily with my nano.

I will speak to him about this

Jacquesb: He has a midas blenny, some anthias and a puffer. He told me to feed 2 x daily as those fish need to be fed more often?? I used to feed 1 x daily with my nano.

I will speak to him about this

Anthias probably need to be fed small amounts often, just be careful not to throw too much in.

Dosing calcium twice daily (and will be doing Ca tests to ensure I do this correctly).
What calcium are you dosing Matt? Have you tested Alk levels? Please monitor Alk aswell ;)

MATT - Why not have a Sale of all his stuff while he is away @ gr8 prices - I am sure he wouldn't mind?!?

Ok guys, I know i'd get more if I parted it out but daddy wants a new pair of shoes. Mikes entire setup R2500. Any takers? :whistling: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom