Tank prices

Reaction score
Hello

I am struggling to find online prices of fish tanks in SA. Really interested in the Amazon 150, but no clue as to how much this would cost.

Thanks

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Ryan - As far as I know, the only 2 companies where I have ever found online prices, was Pet Stop (a sponsor here on MASA), and Dory Pets - also a sponsor - both have their online web-sites.

BUT - this would be for a guideline only, as they are unfortunately BOTH in Pretoria.

The local (Cape Town) sponsor, is Sam's Aquarium in Bergvliet. Or alternatively, AQuality - who has a "lab" area in Montague Gardens, Milnerton.

You can find all of them in our SPONSOR's area.

There are another sponsor in Somerset West as well....

Think that Sam's Aquarium might have an online shop as well - where you can get prices from.....

Good luck - let me know if this does not help you.

Reaction score
Thanks, apreciate the help. I will go have a look.

On a different note, great to see such a "cleanly" managed forum, seriously impressed compared to a lot of other ones on the Net.

Reaction score
There are many more online stores in SA...Reef Inmates for one and a few others come to mind ;)

But they are not sponsors so I will not post...

Reaction score
hey RK,
id have to agree MASA is a great forum. I battled myself to find online pet stores and aquarium prices when i started out and there certainly are few to choose from. if i were you i would have a good look at the 'for sales' sections on different forums, both here and on SARK, those are your two best bets at finding good tanks. But the main sponsors already mentions and as SIMS says reef inmates are good too, are prob your best bets for price and quality:)

personally i would go second hand if you have the time to hunt for the sort of tank you are looking for:)

Reaction score
jaquesb i know of someone who is selling up a 2 meter tank.mh ,skimmers etc.the whole outfit.pm me