Tank Position

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I would imagine that a place with as little traffic as possible, not too much sunlight too avoid unnecessary heat. Not close to your subwoofer for when you listen to rave or watch dukes of hazzard.

And most important, somewhere you have a comfortable chair to sit and view it:D

Reaction score
Agree with Kanga.

Other thing to look for is an ac supply point.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Agree with Kanga.

Other thing to look for is an ac supply point.
Ah yes you will need some power, in fact a fair amount :D

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi
What average usage of power am I looking at, should I have a separate circuit, and has any one experienced any problem with ESCOMS latest tricks.
Hill or Alan would be able to tell you more about the amount of power, I run everything off 2 x 16 amp plugs. incl chiller lights,2 x skimmer, about 11 pumps in total

Yeah EKSDOM has us all worried but so far we have survived and so has our reefs, however a gennie is certainly something too look at

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Depending on what size tank you are looking at, it is worth finding out how strong your floor is.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
I would imagine that a place with as little traffic as possible, not too much sunlight too avoid unnecessary heat. Not close to your subwoofer for when you listen to rave or watch dukes of hazzard.

And most important, somewhere you have a comfortable chair to sit and view it:D
agree with kanga.but if you have a chiller that can cope with the heat and you gonna be keeping corals,placing it near sunlight is excellent.my tank receives 4-5 hours of sunlight ever morning now in summer with incredible growth on my SPS

Reaction score
I run my tank off two 16A plugs but both are wired to the same circuit breaker in the DB which is a 20A. Don't have much else running off that circuit though.