Tank Of The Month Or Tank Of The Season

Discussion in 'Featured Tanks - TOTM' started by creyneke, 21 Jul 2009.

1. creyneke

creyneke

Hi Everybody

Is it only me or do all of you get dissapointed at the beginning of each month to see the same tank featured.

If it is too much to select one of the beauties listed on the site then maybe we should just conceed to having a tank of the season or having tank of the year?

Comments please.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

i 2nd that.
    It takes too long for the new tank of the month to appear. But its like that on just about all the forums, so lets make this one be different and host tank of the month on time.

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

If you notice they appear every second month. Click on the featured tanks button and August is the next one.;)

5. creyneke

creyneke Thread Starter

If my memory serves me correctly we have only had two for the 2009 year that equates to one every 3 months. Like I said call it tank of the season then. Tank of the month means tank of the month.

I'm glad I dont get paid monthly by you guys :razz:

6. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

7. Sentari

Sentari

TOTM is purely for people that have a matured system who's inner workings have been realised by the people who know what they talking about (The Guru's)

Sometimes there arent enough people to go around to and see whats going on. Most systems are ongoing and take some time to reach this stage.

8. creyneke

creyneke Thread Starter

Thanks Nemo. You just confirmed that there have only been two for 2009. To me every second month would mean three tanks by now??

9. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Good morning everyone. I will convey your request to the mods and admins.

Thanks for the interest in this everyone.

10. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

creyneke...Well firstly i must say this "I do respect" the people who was chosing for TOTM, it means that they have mature thr system and given people very awesome advice,information and they do know what they are talking about...

So coming to your question...sometimes thr is not enough systems that is mature enough or that is still maturing...

If you do have a look at the Feature Systems that was selected, they are unique...

Just my 2cents

11. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

let me clarify how this works...
    we decide on several candidates, i then organise them into months and then i email each candidate with the relevant information, and believe it or not some candidates dont want their tanks featured....

i can assure you that i will have them every month as it does take a while to make it all happen...

12. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

we dont get paid eigher, its all for the love of the game

13. creyneke

creyneke Thread Starter

I wasnt trying to upset anybody. I just thought that maybe a name change to tank of the season, tank of the quarter, etc.

I am only saying this as I get excited at the beginning of the month and look forward to the write up and all the info that comes with the lovely pics.

Sorry if I have upset anybody:thumbup:

14. Jaak

Jaak

Or just name it "Featured Tank"... Thanks for all our efforts Dallas!! Much appreciated.

15. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

You dont love the game enough, i want a new tank every month, even if its an update of a prior tank of the month

What he was refering to
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by creyneke [​IMG]
    If my memory serves me correctly we have only had two for the 2009 year that equates to one every 3 months. Like I said call it tank of the season then. Tank of the month means tank of the month.

I'm glad I dont get paid monthly by you guys :razz:

Is being sarcastic, because the salaries will come every now and then.

16. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

My sincerest apologies for missing the February feature however I was emigrating to the UK at that time and couldn't find enough time to compile the feature.

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that it is not called Tank Of The Month but it is called Featured System, purely because we do not do it every month, as Nemo's Janitor has pointed out, it is done every 2 months. We can not do it every month because we simply do not have a big enough membership to be able to do this, coupled with the fact that many people turn us down when we ask them to feature their tank, also the pathetic response we get from the members when we ask for suggestions for tanks to be featured. Thread in question - TOTM - General Discussions 16 days after the thread was started and only 4 people bothered to respond, the response is so dismal that it makes it really hard to be bothered to do a 'totm' due to the total lack of interest from the members.

Dallas is trying to get one done every month, but it is a lot of work, he is doing a great job so far but there are obstacles so he/we do try our best.

17. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

quit complaining guys .... like viper says make some suggestions as to worthy systems for totm before you comlain about its absence

18. creyneke

creyneke Thread Starter

Mods, please delete thread, I have obvioulsy hit a nerve here and I really didnt mean to.

19. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

I read the last sentence and the first thing that came to mind was a dialogue from a movie.
    Loosers try, winners go home and .... the prom queen.

Why are the members declining?

20. Dohn

Dohn MASA Contributor

why arent the sponsors writing reviews to some of the equipment they sell. Its almost free advertising.
    We, i mean you admins need to jack up the standard man. Lets compete with the international sites.

21. creyneke

creyneke Thread Starter

Sorry Viper my mistake. Didn't notice that it had changed to "Featured System". Please accept my apologies

Recent Posts