tank of the month.. nominations

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
guys I'm trying to revive "totm", but I need participation.

I'm looking for a suggestion of tanks on or off forum to be featured.

the only real criteria is the tank should be over 1 year old with the same person who started it.

I'm not too worried if the nominated/chosen candidate is not a forum member, I believe there some hidden gems out there so please be on the lookout and post possible leads here, you are also welcome to contact me privately via pm, I will then contact the person and start the process.

shot

Last edited:
I really believe this is an awsome achievement to allow hard working reefers a opportunity to be recognized.

I'd really like to see it back in action.

please do forward me links of anyone you may think is eligible.

And tank size does not matter. Obviously everybody likes big tanks, but there are some really nice smaller tanks out there.

How about you do a TOTM competition between sponsors as well? Some sponsors really have great setups. Then we can see first hand how they use the products they sell to us users.

How about you do a TOTM competition between sponsors as well? Some sponsors really have great setups. Then we can see first hand how they use the products they sell to us users.

i know we did have this discussion some time before i will see why we dident do it..

Have fun with a TOTM, its a lot of effort for yourself as well as the people writing the articles. Might I suggest Tank Of The Quarter? From personal experience it worked out well.

thanks I have thought about it I'm going to strive for monthly but let's see, I have had some success in obtaining candidates so I could possibly tie up 6 tanks for the next 6 months in one month..

OK we have gained some momentum here so let's see what comes of it. I'm hoping the feature will be well supported, at the same time I urge all of you to work on your tank build threads and keep them updated and current.

lots of pictures are always a good thing high resolution pictures... even better.

Guys im still looking for the next feature, alot of people have been approached and not many are coming back to me which is quite dissapointing... im dedicated to reviving this feature but i cannot do so without participants unless youd like to see my tank featured indeffinatley.. boring...

Please do make an effort people learn alot fom this particular feature, to doesnt have to be rocket science..

Guys im still looking for the next feature, alot of people have been approached and not many are coming back to me which is quite dissapointing... im dedicated to reviving this feature but i cannot do so without participants unless youd like to see my tank featured indeffinatley.. boring...

Please do make an effort people learn alot fom this particular feature, to doesnt have to be rocket science..

Les, maybe draw up a template so the candidate knows whats required. Keep it simple. If we go on the previous TOTM, there is lots of info and effort put into it.
@Brendan6 made a good point.

After all, I assume the attention is for us to get to admire those who have succeeded in creating amazing tanks, and for them to get the deserved recognition. I am not saying it is, but it should not be a platform for them to reveal their recipes for others to try and replicate.

My 2 cents...

we have a tempalte which we send out once a person has accepted the request to feature. but its getting the article submitted thats the problem

Last edited:
still looking... we are open to international suggestions aswell so please dont be shy to spread the word :)

still hunting due to a number of people letting me down on this.. anyone else keen to see this feature revived?? im open to suggestions and feedback......

still hunting due to a number of people letting me down on this.. anyone else keen to see this feature revived?? im open to suggestions and feedback......

You could do a "dumbed down" version of tank of the month...kind of makes it lose its integrity a bit maybe, but it may get people participating a bit and at least have a featured tank for the home page every month...you could even change the name if need be?

So what you could do is something like TASA where you open nominations for the up coming month to the forum...guys can nominate their own tank or they can nominate another members tank with a pic of said tank...leave the nominations up for a couple of weeks then at the end do a voting pole of all the nominated tanks with their pics and forum votes for their favourite of those listed...tank with the most votes wins.

You could do a "dumbed down" version of tank of the month...kind of makes it lose its integrity a bit maybe, but it may get people participating a bit and at least have a featured tank for the home page every month...you could even change the name if need be?

So what you could do is something like TASA where you open nominations for the up coming month to the forum...guys can nominate their own tank or they can nominate another members tank with a pic of said tank...leave the nominations up for a couple of weeks then at the end do a voting pole of all the nominated tanks with their pics and forum votes for their favourite of those listed...tank with the most votes wins.

deffinatley worth looking into, my biggest challenge isnt finding someone its getting them to submit their story....

deffinatley worth looking into, my biggest challenge isnt finding someone its getting them to submit their story....

This way you skip the story and just have a pretty tank pic :p ...you could always do a "noteworthy" system every now and then that could replace the traditional TOTM that could be a full feature on someones tank. Looking back now at the TOTM threads, there have only been like 4 tanks in the last 3 years which tells you it does need some sort of reworking.

Last edited:
This way you skip the story and just have a pretty tank pic :p ...you could always do a "noteworthy" system every now and then that could replace the traditional TOTM that could be a full feature on someones tank. Looking back now at the TOTM threads, there have only been like 4 tanks in the last 3 years which tells you it does not some sort of reworking.

sadly it seems it may need to come to that, i personally love the equipment specs and a brief idea of the challenges of the system vs the species kept. i often use them as reference when assisting people as it is easier to show them how something works through a article like that than a million messages etc etc

but yes we may need to alter it to make it "happen" instead of not

Back
Top Bottom