Tank Move - Urgent

Reaction score
Hi friends.

I need to move my tank to the other side of my room to enable my to start setting up my new tank.

Questions

1. should I do it now so the fish have the night to de-stress.

2. Planning of draing tank till its low and then just move it with the fish in, will take out LR to reduce weight.(will move stand and tank as a unit so the bottom of the tank will be supported.

any comments?

how big is your tanks?

Not something I would do, but have a backup plan in place in case of a crack.

What I meant was that I wouldn't move it with any water in it.

you think it would be better to move all water, fish and LR to holding tank (the new tank), then move current tank to its new position, and the move all back to the current tank?

would that not stress the fish.

Think how stressed they would be if they had to stay in a dustbin for two days because of a cracked bottom. But that's just me. I'm sure that moving it with some water in will work 9 times out of ten.

you think it would be better to move all water, fish and LR to holding tank (the new tank), then move current tank to its new position, and the move all back to the current tank?

would that not stress the fish.

Take the rock out, leave the water half full

9/10 not good enough for my, will rather make the move tomorrow and do it like you said, move it all to the other tank and then back again.

Empty the tank when you want to move it, its much much safer.

If you want to take chances, play poker:p

Hey Justin,it will take you extra time,but remove all the water just to be on the safe side ;)

hi chaps, just finnished the move and tank is in one piece. The only thing I'm worried about is my yellow tang, he seems very stressed, has turned white and is swimming into the one corner. I have switch off all lights and the tank is now in darkness, is this best? I have also stepped up skimming from all the movement.

hi chaps, just finnished the move and tank is in one piece. The only thing I'm worried about is my yellow tang, he seems very stressed, has turned white and is swimming into the one corner. I have switch off all lights and the tank is now in darkness, is this best? I have also stepped up skimming from all the movement.

Normal behavior for a Tang. Once things calm down he/she should be fine.

Skim as heavily as possible, you going have loads of shit in the water column and the skimmer will get rid of it, quick/quick

would it be best for the tank to be in complete darkness or have a little light, say a small lamp across the room?

Run your lights as per normal, don't see any reason to have them off if you don't normally have them off.

Back
Top Bottom