Tank info

Discussion in 'New Members' started by PieterJNR, 26 Mar 2012.

1. PieterJNR

PieterJNR

Thanks for the welcome
    My tank dimentions L 1.5 m x D 610 mm H 650. I have a hangon skimmer and the reason for the deep sand bed is because i do not have a sump so i spoke to a few ppl who told me if the sand bed in the tank is large i might not need a sump and i am proud to say i have added a few thing to my tank and they seem happy. I have added 4 hermit crabs and 3 chromis and they seem very happy i their new home. Ps i bought the tank from a friend and he had snails in the tank and i have seen quite a few babies in the tank so i think my eco systym is working

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Yip, nothing wrong with having a DSB in your display tank, it's just with a sump you can put most of your equipment like heaters and skimmers etc. in the sump and it keeps the display tank uncluttered, but the way you've done it is fine. :)

4. Tremayn

Tremayn

Duuuuuuuuude! You need a bigger skimmer unless you got loads of macro algae and an ATS.. Have a look at my tank thread. My DT is similar in size, check out my skimmer. Its not even fancy :)

Oh yeah, how about some pics?

Recent Posts