Tank Ideas for Goodisor

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Goodisor asked me this via Pm and I thought I would post it so every can benefit from his questions:thumbup:
setup diagrams or photos
hi Kanga.Warr7207 referred me to you.Could you show me some of your tank setup pics.Im seaching for ideas and pointers.I started a marine tank and did all the wrong things.Now im starting afresh and doing things properly.I have a 1500x600x600 tank with a 3 foot DSB.So far I have arag about 2cm in the tank and two powerheads,a wavemaker on the way and a new return pump(mine is inadequate)I hoping for some photos of newly setup tanks for ideas.Can you help.Thanks

Goodisor

Goodisor here is a very simple straight forward set up that works very well. You can add equipment etc very easily but every thing you need is there

6547aeeaf54dcf5.jpg

6547aeeb14865b5.jpg

6547aeeb2e59ede.jpg

Rob's sump is about the same level as his display...his tank is in wall. I think he should post some pic's to give us an idea. I saw his tank about a year ago and think he has made a very good start...Rob how does your display overfloe to the sump, I remember a small weir type overflow?

PS - kanga I really like your sketchup work - wish I could get it right ;)
Thanks Sims actually very simple, I am busy with a "How to:" page for basic designs but its taking bit of time to finish.

Must say thanks to BruceMg with the help on the pipe bends:thumbup:

ok here goes again sorry,but i have no idea how to attach photos YET!Have a look at these for now.

Attachments

• tank set in wall.doc
    121.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSB.doc
    137 KB · Views: 109
  • skimmer.doc
    121 KB · Views: 110
What sand is that in tank? Nice and white?

What rock are you planning on using Rob?

Caribsea aragonite from Aquality.I should be receiving 20kg LR next week Monday or Tuesday

Forum Help - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Goodisor, have a look in the help forum. you might have to resize them there is also 2 ways of uploading your pics, let us know if you dont come right

I tried downloading photos as described.My files sizes are on 101kb each and the limit is 200kb but keeps saying bad save.But I think the files that were sent in doc format pretty much explain my setup

Hi Goodisor - I LOVE the in-wall tank idea! You have a decent start there man! This tank have a LOT going for it..... It's got the making of a REALLY AWESOME tank!

Where are you? In CT? Otherwise - is Liaquat sending you the live rock via courier?

Hi Goodisor - I LOVE the in-wall tank idea! You have a decent start there man! This tank have a LOT going for it..... It's got the making of a REALLY AWESOME tank!

Where are you? In CT? Otherwise - is Liaquat sending you the live rock via courier?

Im in Empangeni.Liaquat sends it with courier

Back
Top Bottom