Tank Dimensions / Measurements.

Reaction score
Hello every one. I recently measured the space in my lounge & found that I have 3 meters of space for a "Wall To Wall Tank". I am thinking of building a tank that is 9.5 feet, which is roughly 2.9 meters long.

My problem is, I do not know how to work out the dimensions for this build in terms of Height & Width. I intend on using 10 or even 12mm thick glass.

Can somebody please provide me with the Height & Width dimensions for this size tank?

Thank you.

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
It can be whatever you have space for, preferably wider than higher, makes scaping easier. Most guys go for 60-65cm high so the tank still fits through a single door frame on its side. 60-65cm high also makes 12mm glass very safe, especially if you add some bracing. But the tank builder should be able to give you advice on glass thickness and the safety factor. Wide go as wide as the space allows.

RiaanP

Reaction score
Leave at least 10cm open on each side. Light power cords, pump cables etc. Can have narrow door or removable panel to frame the tank.

Where will your overflow box be? In the center back, In your case any back corner would give same access problems. Yeah, we do not access the overflow box daily, but when you need to you have to be able to reach O V E R the tank to get there.