Tank Cycle Supplements

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New question, what supplements are good to help cycle a tank? One person told me that organic aqua b-bac is good and introduces 'seeds' for copepods...

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Personally i would rather leave the tank to cycle naturally than create a chemical soup, it doesn't take long really.

Reaction score
yeah maybe so, getting abit impatient, but arent there any supplements you can add that helps to culture beneficial bacteria and things like copepods?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hi Highlander. I would only advise the use of supplements to boost your cycle should/if you are in an emeregency case to move livestock over to another tank or you have a tank that has broken out into a mini cycle. Otherwise be patient and wait it out. ;) You can however dose bacteria food to your system eg Organic Aqua Bbac.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
We only just got clownfish, I think pods will follow soon ;)
Saw some business in the US that ONLY sells pods and DSB starter and refresher kits. You can choose the species you want or opt for the variety pack. Via courier nogal.

:( No, they don't ship to SA.
Damn beaurocracy.:nono:

Reaction score
what does seachem stability do? ive been waiting almost 3 weeks for the tank to cycle and added another 10 kg live rock early this week. But i dont relly see any signs of copepods... only 1 or 2 bug looking things on the rock...