Tank Build

Reaction score
So, I’m considering building a tank to meet my desired specifications.

but where to start? Where to get the glass. Where to get the glass cut. How to calculate the needed cutting dimensions?

any pointers will be appreciated

Jscholtz014

210 LITRE AQUARIUM
Reaction score
I normally buy my glass at PG Glass, you can tell them what size panels you want and how thick you want the glass panels

Reaction score
Try rene turck in boksburg. I got glass from them last year to fix a tank it was polised and belved all around. Low iron 10mm thick.
If I google them, they are no longer in business. Can be wrong though.

Ive requested a quote from Northern Glass and Hardware in Pretoria

Reaction score
Northern glass workmanship is over the top. They made our custom glass tea table. 12mm low iron and Beveled edges.

Reaction score
If I google them, they are no longer in business. Can be wrong though.

Ive requested a quote from Northern Glass and Hardware in Pretoria
Thanks man I didn't even know they gone out of business. Explines why they didn't answer my queries

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought 15mm clear float glass from Northern Hardware and Glass in November 2019 . Used it to build a custom frag system for my brother in law. They are really proffesioinal and helpful, I even had an issue where they mismeasured one of my panels and they redid a new one for me in a day.

Reaction score
So, I’m considering building a tank to meet my desired specifications.

but where to start? Where to get the glass. Where to get the glass cut. How to calculate the needed cutting dimensions?

any pointers will be appreciated
Are you still going to be building this tank?

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been so busy that I've just clean forgot. I just tried uploading and it doesn't allow xls file extensions... @hotdog83 is there a workaround for this?
Hmm, that is a good question. Can you by any chance upload to Google Docs and see if it works if you share from there perhaps?

Top Bottom