Tank build supplies - Durban

Reaction score
I used http://hitechsafetyglass.co.za/
They are great at cutting and polishing, and are fairly cheap. I did have a case where they messed the dimensions up on one pane of mine though.. Black silicone, I don't know...

Papitto

PatrickF
Reaction score
IMG_20190826_105216.jpg

Update on tank build.
Picked up some second hand materials to build my new system. Plastic sheet from old freshwater tank.2nd hand 10mm glass gor double base and 3 sides low iron glass. Wasn't cheap that but I hope it's worth it.
2nd hand 6mm glass for sump, has a few scratches I'm planning on repairing but not problematic.
2nd hand stand to be refurbished.
Some pics of build to date

Reaction score
There's a place very well stocked with supplies and livestock in Durban.
102 Ronaldo Road.
Place called Aquatics 4 Fanatics.

Reaction score
Hey Patrick, awesome buddy!!! Let the games begin!

Have you thought about raising your light a bit? Those UFOs throw plenty light for that size tank, so don't be scared to raise it up a bit. It looks as though you have a bit of shading near the outer edges of the tank.

Looking great, well done!

Papitto

PatrickF
Reaction score
Hey Patrick, awesome buddy!!! Let the games begin!

Have you thought about raising your light a bit? Those UFOs throw plenty light for that size tank, so don't be scared to raise it up a bit. It looks as though you have a bit of shading near the outer edges of the tank.

Looking great, well done!
Thanks bro. I have the light at max height, but only at 2% on blue channel and 2% on UV channel in that photo.
Will post pic with all channels at 30% and blues at 40% which I found quite the sweet spot

Top Bottom