Tank back panel.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Chris Delport, 6 Feb 2012.

1. Chris Delport

Chris Delport

I want to cover the back panel of my tank with crushed coral, what adhesive can I use.

I've seen coral being stripped off if secured with silicon, so I need something like a resin or so that is safe for the livestock and strong enough.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Nope, you will never be able to clean the back panel. If parts come off, it will look horrible.
    Removing algae will be impossible.

Rather put a black or blue (depending on your taste) ABS plastic sheet behind the tank. With black you can leave coraline algae to eventually cover the glass. With blue you need to clean the back glass, but it does give you nice fish photo's. I prefer black. Let algae grow as extra food source for snails and urchins.

4. seank

seank

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

as mentioned by seank this can be done using silicone, but it is fairly permanent and can trap dirt of there is not suffiecient flow over it..

it can really be made to be nice in a planted tank specifically where various marine algaes colonise the back pane..

it all depends on what your vision for your system is..perhaps give us some more info...

6. Chris Delport

Chris Delport Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys.I have an overflow box that's gonna be stuck to the outside of the backpanel so I can not paint the outside.I bought the tank with a 54mm hole about 100mm from the top(Tank depth-800mm) and shall use it for overflow.The only option I know of is to cover the inside of the panel.
    Any ideas?

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
Recent Posts