Tank advice

Reaction score
Good day
I need help to find out what tank I have and are it tempered glass.

Thank you
Jaco

Attachments

• Pic.jpeg
    Pic.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi Pattat, are the edges curved on the tank, if so it looks to be acrylic, thanks

Hi Pattat, are the edges curved on the tank, if so it looks to be acrylic, thanks
Hi thanks for the response yes the corners are curved, I have the tank for some time now but must be couple of years old because I am the 3rd owner that I know of. I have read some post on curved corner tanks and just want to be sure I can drill it.
Regards

I know of people that drilled their RED SEA 250 Max tanks, those are also acrylic, I suppose if the right person does it with the right tools, it should not be a problem

I know of people that drilled their RED SEA 250 Max tanks, those are also acrylic, I suppose if the right person does it with the right tools, it should not be a problem
Thank you are there a way of telling the difference between glass and acrylic?

safest option is to drill the back panel.

It will definitely not be acrylic. It’s bent glass.
The back panel or the bottom panel are not going to be tempered. Nor will the front for that matter, it’s not economical to do.
Im sure you can drill with peace of mind. Just go very slowly and cool with lots of water

It will definitely not be acrylic. It’s bent glass.
The back panel or the bottom panel are not going to be tempered. Nor will the front for that matter, it’s not economical to do.
Im sure you can drill with peace of mind. Just go very slowly and cool with lots of water
Hi Bob thank you for the advice and help much appreciated. I am a bit stuck in Iraq due covid stuff but hopefully will be home early next month and will drill and add a sump to the system and give an update.
Regards
Jaco

Back
Top Bottom