Tangs

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting either a regal tang or yellow tang. How many months should your tank be matured before getting one of these?

Reaction score
im not the expert on cubes, maybe speak to mekaeel, he's got a 1m cube and has a couple of tangs. but u must get them small, then maybe sell them when getting a bit big..

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A cube that size isn't really the best place for a tang, Regal tangs can reach full adult size in under two years and will get very stressed in a tank that small, there are the dwarf angels such as the jumping bean (flame back) or flame angel that would make a stunning centre piece fish in your tank.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
hey weeman, do u reckon my 4ft will be O.K for a small powder blue?
My personal opinion, is you're about 2ft short, in the UK it is widely felt that a 6ft tank is a bare minimum for a tang, powder blues are wide ranging territorial fish, very stressy too.

So your telling my ass is gonna itch for a bigger tank now....
It's a great excuse isn't it:lol:

Reaction score
ah, i see, but u pommies are never right:razz: , except for topgear:whistling:

Most yank forums/sites say 4ft is bare minimum, as long as one gets the PB when its small

Reaction score
geoffrey: saying that what the hell do you do with it once its fully grown?

I think you should never buy a fish unless you can accomodate its full size

Reaction score
I think the large tangs are all potential problem fish they all look great when they are small but we must accept that they will grow large.Problem is that if conditions are good(as they should be)the growth rate will be rapid.My sailfin has grown from 5 cm to 20 cm in less than a year.He already looks stressed in my 2m tank.

Reaction score
Ok, so i got my yellow tang. Very happy with it. I can get another yellow tang from someone really cheap, but I know your not supposed to have more than one. Is it possible to do this? Anyone keeping more than one Yellow tang?