Tangs Advise

Last edited by a moderator:
Scopa is aggro, and PB a lot more calm. If only it was a bigger tank.

dude you rather pass on the scopas.. you dont want an agro fish, especially in a std 4ft. Why not look at more peaceful tangs.. Like a chocolate tang, nasos are also cool but they get very big

a regal tang also.. but being part of the acanthurus family makes them more prone to white spot (compared to other tangs) .. as ziyaad showed me, his regal was the cause of his WS..

Trust me, if you have an agro fish then your tank will look empty as all your fish will hide. I have a purple tang in a 470L DT and all my fish hide. Gets annoying..

Scopas are aggro, a yellow tang would be better but not everyone has the budget , scopas are usually cheaper, Zebrasoma or Ctenochaetus tangs are better for this small tank they dont grow fast .

rather save up and get something you want :) .. yellows are awesome, a nice dash of colour

tank 1.2x45x45.

I would not recommend keeping ANY tang in such a small tank - in nature tangs have pretty large territories (like Olympic swimming pool size or larger...), and keeping them in small tanks usually lead to stress - and much more so if one keeps more than one in such a tank.

Hennie

I would not recommend keeping ANY tang in such a small tank - in nature tangs have pretty large territories (like Olympic swimming pool size or larger...), and keeping them in small tanks usually lead to stress - and much more so if one keeps more than one in such a tank.

This is correct however many aquarists will still go ahead and keep a tang even in aquariums much smaller than their natural habitat, in fact many fish if not all in the hobby are kept in enviroments much smaller than their territories occupy in nature.

This can lead to over aggression and problems , if you want to keep Fish successfully in this hobby do research as to what each fish needs to keep it for it's lifespan and in good health.Tangs can live 20 years plus if given good conditions!that is longer than your Dog ;)

a regal tang also.. but being part of the acanthurus family makes them more prone to white spot (compared to other tangs) .. as ziyaad showed me, his regal was the cause of his WS..

Trust me, if you have an agro fish then your tank will look empty as all your fish will hide. I have a purple tang in a 470L DT and all my fish hide. Gets annoying..

Saw this for myself..
Not nice when you have to search for fish in the rock work..
You need to get that Naso @Tremayn so he can be the enforcer..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Scopas as everyone has stated is AGRO!
Your humbug damsel = AGRO!
Your dotty back = AGRO!

Sorry to tell you but you WILL have problems with so many agressive fish in such a small tank(243L).

And besides the fact that PB's needs lots of swiming space.....they are prone to white spot too!

Back
Top Bottom