Tang ID

Reaction score
Hi All

I'd appreciate some suggestions on the id of this tang. It was sold to me as a Unicorn Tang, but it looks more like a Vlamingi to me.

12324941498f48bd9.jpg

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It is a juvenile Vlamingi, a beautiful fish, but will get huge at over 2ft long, not a unicorn, but close family (both Naso family).

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
Yes it is a Naso vlamingi.Great choice for a tang!!:thumbup:
Just remember they get quite big.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
How big is your tank?

Reaction score
Size won't be a problem in my tank, but thanks for the confirmation. Damn LFS sell things without knowing what they bought.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Size won't be a problem in my tank, but thanks for the confirmation. Damn LFS sell things without knowing what they bought.
You should have a go at id'ing before you purchase - just for this reason. (sorry to sound like a real smartass):)

Reaction score
I was 99% sure of it's ID, just thought I'd run it past the forum. In any case, purchasing a unicorn or a vlamingi involves the same logic, size, growth rate, tank mates etc. If it was a unicorn I would have bought it anyway.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I was 99% sure of it's ID, just thought I'd run it past the forum. In any case, purchasing a unicorn or a vlamingi involves the same logic, size, growth rate, tank mates etc. If it was a unicorn I would have bought it anyway.
Cool:)