Tang Aggression

In my 2 000 ltr tank have 1 PB, 2 Achilles, 2 Yellow, I purple, 3 convict, 1 Regal,1 Naso, 1 Lavender, 1 Kole. I lost a P/Blue in this system(age - adopted fish from friends tank), I am wanting to introduce one again, acclimating in my sump for now. Tank 5 years old now.

In My 1 000 ltr system have 6 Yellow (had 10 - lost 4 in a territory war after 5 years together, still do not know why), 2 Achilles, 1 Sohal, 1 Atlantic, 1 Naso, 1 P/Blue. Before I put the 2nd Achilles in Sohal always having a go at it, since introduction its a different dynamic they mostly leave each other alone. The Atlantic and Sohal can squabble from time to time. tank 7 years old now.

Surprisingly putting the Achilles into the system was almost painless(couple days in acclimatization box) and even more painless was adding the 2nd - straight in from sump. I tried a 3rd and the other two turned on it, so added into other system.

maybe i have been lucky and blessed, its all about timing and watching carefully. You will know within 10 minutes what will happen and you need to be ready to minimize damage. The moment one lands in a corner get it out.

I find the best with the Achilles and Powders are to feed them up in the sump, get them really healthy and you have the best chance when you introduce them. By the way IMO quarantine an Achilles in Copper is almost if not a death sentence, UV in quarantine sump works best. I will say the rest for all the powders. make sure eating properly in lfs, however have rescued many and gone UV system till strong, growing and fat.

As I said my experience and lessons or experiences that have worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom