We recently got our hand on the new Cubic Aquarium jellyfish tank and ever since have been obsessed with these jelly bellied little creatures. Growing up, the Vancouver Aquarium was one of my favorite weekend spots, I spent hours at the Aquarium and even volunteered there when I was older.
Anytime you have a hankering to see some jellies you can log into the live jelly cam here, and if you have the opportunity to visit, the Vancouver Aquarium also has several Jellyfish exhibits including a spotted jelly display a moon jelly display and the popular sea nettle jellyfish display in the aquarium entrance. If you are passing through, The Vancouver Aquarium even has a beautiful jelly display you wont want to miss in the Vancouver International Airport.
Spotted Jellyfish at the Vancouver Aquarium
Jellyfish are still a rather uncommon in the home aquarium. Companies like Cubic and Jellyfish art are focusing on creating jelly specific tanks for the home however there is still little information available regarding the husbandry of Jellyfish.We have come across a few AZA guidelines and account of keeping jellyfish but until this date the care for jellyfish in the home aquarium is poorly documented.
Two week ago we started keeping a Cubic Orbit 20 tank with one blue blubber jellyfish. After researching the topic we started feeding our Jelly baby brine shrimp and the cubic medusa jellyfish food. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful in our attempt in keeping jellies and wonder what could be learned from the Vancouver Aquarium Jellyfish program.
There are several factors which could have lead to the failure of our first jellyfish aquarium however we are determined to learn more and report back with our finding so more people can be successful in the husbandry of jellyfish in their home aquarium. [Vancouver Aquarium]
Readers also viewed:
- Unboxing the Jellyfish Art Cylinder Nano Aquarium
- Hands on with the Cubic Orbit 20 Jellyfish tank
- Cubic Aquarium Orbit 20 could be a groundbreaking jellyfish tank
- Jellyfish Art desktop aquarium one step closer to your cubicle
- Desktop Jellyfish Tank from Jellyfish Art is stylish and changes color with RGB LEDs
- An Abandoned Warehouse Is Full of Live Jellyfish
- Jellyfish Seascapes PICO actually makes us want to try jellies!
- New Aurelia Jellyfish Aquarium is a sleek, specialized display