Taam Seio M820

Reaction score
Hey all! So where can I pick up one of those babies, and at what price?! PM is 100% :) T :):):):)

Reaction score
heheh never mind, seems like I've answered my own question :) Waaaayyyneeee!

Reaction score
Mine going strong... Factory defult maybe...

Reaction score
Problem with my seio m820, the shaft seems to keep vibrating and making this rattling noise, any ideas ??
Sorry S. Just seen this thread. At startup mine sound like can of nuts and bolts being shaken about; but stop once they are running. If the rattling is incessant then i would imagine that you may have a rubber bush which the shaft sits in, missing, or perhaps the ceramic shaft is broken; which has happened to me.

Hope this helps

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
tx for all the help guys :thumbup:
lol, sorry about that, perhaps start your own thread next time, you might get a better response. :)

Sunburst has pretty much covered it, if it's none of those things then the pump itself may be faulty and will have to be taken back to the supplier.

Singularity

Hmmm amper!
Reaction score
its seems to run fine for exactly an hour and then starts, i`ve taken it completly apart, and the sahft is fine, both rubber "tips" is in place.... hmmmm anyone know a seio rep ?? dont know if i can mention the shops name i got it from but its long distance, doesnt seem worth the effort to return it to them....

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Yes you can mention the shops name.

Definitely sounds like something is wrong with the pump, perhaps contact Scott at Marine Depot - he is an importer of these pumps and his customer service is very good, pretty sure he will be able to tell you who is the closest to you or perhaps he will deal with you directly.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
ps i have a resun sp-3800 rated for 2000l/h and it seems to out perform the seio easily in sheer flow...
Yes it will seem like it as the flow is more concentrated into a laminar stream of water, whereas pumps like the SEIO output a much broader, dispersed and 'gentle' type of flow, if you were to narrow the outlet of the SEIO to the same size as the resun then it would be a much stronger flow of water but in a long jet and not dispersed.

The SEIO pump is definitely pushing about 3200 litres of water, it just doesn't feel like it ;) The idea behind this is that coral and fish prefer a dispersed type of flow as opposed to a jet stream hitting them full on (imagine standing behind a jet fighter engine).

You should feel the new Boyu pumps, I think they are rated at 6000 lph, yet you put your hand in front of it and you wonder if the thing is even switched on, it has such a broad area of flow, yet it is pumping 6000 lph.