OK, here's a pic of what the brain looked like about 3 months ago

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=1231&goto=newpost

And here's it now:

Brain-1.gif

Frogspawn 3 months ago:

Frogspawn.gif

And again now:

Frogspawn-1.gif

Left side of the tank (not too heavily stocked, I'm a firm believer of very, veeeeeeerrrrryyyyyy slow and steady, hehe):

Leftside.gif

And right side:

Rightside.gif

Hopefully getting some zoo's and Green shroom from Hill tomorrow

Happy with the T5's, but still want to add to halides - 2 x blue, 2 x white

Johann is emphatic that 22 C is perfect for him. He went through the usual pain of having an Algae farm. He started with Metal Halides, abandoned them, and went over to T8 lamps. I havnt seen him for a while, I am going to contact him and get an update from him.
Any scuba diver with one of those dive computers should be able to give us temperatures throughout a dive.
At Sodwana Bay I believe there is a Station to check reef temperatures 24/7/365. Anybody know more? Charl?
Hi Rod (and others on this thread). I dived Sodwana in the summer, and Ponto do Ouro (Moz) both during summer and winter.
My dive computer recorded the following temperatures:
Sodwana: (summer) 26 to 27 degrees celsius (under water)
Ponto (Moz) - (summer) 27 to 28 degrees celsius (under water - below +-24 metres the temperature drops to +-24 celcius
Ponto (Moz) - (winter) 21 to 22 degrees celsius under water

I have also dived the Aliwal Shoal at Umkomaas, and the summer water temp is +-25 to 27 degrees celsius, and the winter temps are +-20 to 22 celsius under water.

Cheers.
Jacques

True, however I don't think the Ocean drops from 28 to 21 overnight, more likely over a period of 2 or 3 months. An overnight drop of 28 to 21 in our tanks could very well be disastrous.

Yes Dean - as I have heard MANY MANY times before: Anything that happens TOO quickly in the Marine Aquarium world, is NOT GOOD! ;-)

So, saltwater fish and corals/invertebrates can handle reasonably huge temperature, salinity and nutrient differences, JUST AS LONG AS THEY ARE GIVEN TIME TO ADJUST ACCORDINGLY!

Me thinks...

Back
Top Bottom