T5 lights

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
I want to get two blue T5 lights for my tank i have a MH on it.
I want to now which one is the best value for money light and where i can get it in CT

where about is the price

anybody else got an opion on this

I have been using ATI's but have 8 new Giesemann waiting to be fired up...

Hi fireshrimp. Yes I do.... for actinics I would not go to such an extent as Geisemann. Perhaps for the 10000K white lamps - due to the increased PAR output compared to other "cheaper" brands of T5's. BUT actinics do not do MUCH for the corals, except for a more pleasant looking blue hue in your tank.....

So - I am not sure if AquaH2O is still selling to the public - but perhaps see if they sell T5 actinics still..... +-R105 per tube. Last I heard that they were not selling to the public anymore.

Otherwise - try "The Lamphouse". They only sell globes..... Their Sylvania's are not bad at all...
As I said - by all means - go for Geisemann if you want.... or perhaps ATI. I have seen a tank or two with these globes on - looks magnificent. BUT not specifically the actinics/blue globes.....

yip agree with Jacques,Geisiman or ATI.with the geisiman 15K theres no actual need to supplement them with blues,you can go for 2*15K

I'm rather fond of my Sylvania blue T5's, cheap and work like a bomb, I think they are about R160 roughly.

Back
Top Bottom