T5 End Caps

Reaction score
Howdy

I am looking for T5 end caps in the JHB area.
Not had much luck so far so can anybody point me in the right direction.
(They don't have to be anything special, just want to get my lights installed)

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross, Have you tried your local lighting shops? I think there is a place in JHB called Scopic Lighting that might do them, also you can maybe try Lighting Warehouse.

Ross, if you are near Roodepoort, there is a place called Voltsing Electrical in Hillfox. They are very well priced. I bought my Electronic MH Ballast there for R300 (more or less).

wow, that's cheap for an electronic MH ballast.

Yes it is. At least I think it's electronic. I have had a magnetic one before.

The difference between the two, is that the magnetioc one makes a a hell of a noise when switching on. And the bulb's colour and brightness is the same from when it comes on. With the electronic one, it has a silent start, and the bulb's brightness is gradually brought to full brightness. The electronic one is also much smaller in physical dimensions.

Ross, terribly sorry this is off topic, but I thought it would be interesting.

Where are you? Maybe I can point you in the right direction. The commercial lighting places tend to be expensive with there lighting components. I find the best place is electric wholesalers.

Hi Ross on my T5's i use V grips, can get them at any wholesaler for under R2 and are very effective. The big difference between the two typs of ballitst is the weight. The electronic one is far lighter.

The big difference between the two typs of ballitst is the weight. The electronic one is far lighter.

I see, so maybe the one I got is not electronic. Because it is also quite heavy. But it is still a far superior one than the first one I had which cost me more.

Hey Ross, yeah I can vouch for the V grips as well,I run all my lighting off them. I was initially worried that they might not last long but the first set has been running for 3 years now and no problems yet.

Ross, if you are near Roodepoort, there is a place called Voltsing Electrical in Hillfox. They are very well priced. I bought my Electronic MH Ballast there for R300 (more or less).

I am just up the road from Hilfox.
Is that not the place that used to be behind the Toyota. I went there last weekend and it is just rubble now. :001:

I am just up the road from Hilfox.
Is that not the place that used to be behind the Toyota. I went there last weekend and it is just rubble now. :001:

Yup, that's them. They moved because the new possi has more feet walking past it.

That is the place, I just couldnt get on their name,

I use them all the time, their prices are real good. If they can't get is I am sure they would be able to order you some.

I would also like to see pics of the V grips as Google gives me material fixing parts

Um I'll take a pic when I'm home but it's just twinflex with metal sleve things that fit over the pin's of the tubes... 2 V-grips per light...easy peasy...you must have seen em...

probably have I just can't put a picture with the name...

I am not sure what you are talking about either. A picture is worth a thousand words !

SIMS, which one is it? I get the feeling it's the one in the last pic.

ec1.jpg

ec2.jpg

ec3.jpg

ec4.jpg

i need some of the first ones

Back
Top Bottom