T5 Colour Combination Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Lehan, 9 Oct 2016.

1. Lehan

Lehan

Hi guys,

I need to replace my current bulbs and was wondering what you guys would recommend with regards to brands, colour combinations and getting that deep blue look with lots of coral fluoresence. Currently I have the 2 daylight and 2 actinic globes that come standard with the Odysea quad. I'm thinking of getting 2x ATI blue plus and 2x ATI coral plus. Will this be good in terms of growth and getting the correct colour spectrum? Last question, will I see a major difference in to the standard Odysea bulbs, just curious?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dubediver

dubediver

That's the combo I also found most used on the net. I use it in my one tank. I found I don't get that coral fluoresce though. I found that cheap blue strip lights brought out the flourence more. But nothing compared to when I got a led,that really brought out the flourence .

4. Lehan

Lehan Thread Starter

Thanks @dubediver. Do you know of any affordable leds that just have a blue channel?

5. r0ckf1re

r0ckf1re

I am using two blue plus, one coral plus and one actinic. Growth is ok. There is some decent florescence, but surely your coral would have to be lumo. It's fairly blue. Pics don't capture the look properly thought.

[​IMG]

Sent from the Edge

6. Lehan

Lehan Thread Starter

Thanks @r0ckf1re! Definitely, the look I want, your tank looks awesome! Do you think it's the blue plus or actinic that brings out the florescence? I also have GSP and the same green mushrooms under two actinics and have very faint florescence but that could just be the bulbs that need replacing.

7. r0ckf1re

r0ckf1re

Thank you Lehan. I'm not 100% certain, I'm going to hazard a guess and say coral plus. I didn't have a coral plus and before, I did not get the same florescence. But then again my bulbs were also old, these are about 3 months old now. You are welcome to come and see my tank, to assist with ur decision as these ATI bulbs are not cheap. PM me if you wish to do so.

Sent from the Edge

8. Lehan

Lehan Thread Starter

Thanks rockfire, they're definitely not... I'll definitely take you up on your offer. Just need to check when I'll be in Sandton again, will pm you.

r0ckf1re likes this.
  9. dubediver

dubediver

I don't, but they do come up for sale here on the forum. Try using a cheap LED strip light from China market, I used a multicolor one, which I found fun to play with the different color combos available. I glued one into my Odyssea unit, it lasted about 4 months, at R200/5m I found good value. They eventually burn out from the heat.

10. Lehan

Lehan Thread Starter

@dubediver, thanks I'll give that ago, I think I still have some of those strip lights lying around, didn't think they would work, would be a bonus!

Recent Posts