T5 brands

Reaction score
Someone mentioned there are a few T5 brands to avoid, DAZS being one of them (which I have). Why is this?

i dont think that any are real bad, just some are really great like the Deltec and ATI stuff. Also make sure the kelvin rating is correct = 10 000k for white

also has to do alot with the PAR rating.not as powerfull as ATI, Geisiman...

I have the Daz and ATI...ATI's are good but to me Daz are ok, I got them with the 2ft unit I wanted and they work when they finished 12months I will replace with better tubes.

The Dasz lights should be dead in about 2 months ! Another member here had them and they went out of spectrum very quickly.
To me the ATI, Aquamedic, Deltec and Geiseman (In no particular order) are the better brands to go for. If I could I would just use ATI because IMO they give the best colours and last for a lot longer than some of the cheaper brands.

The ATI's do the pure blue (I think it is called that) and the Reef Spezial (nope not a typo). Both are very nice.

the dazes go yellow very quickly, the aquamedics are tyre squeeling better. just moved over to aquamedics from dazes. i was pleasantly shocked at the difference

I used to favour Sylvannia in my FW days. No idea about their marine lights.

They also make the only 1ft T5 available in South Africa.

I have some in my Dasz units (4 ft) - The Dasz units are ok - the globes only last like 6 to 8 months..... The Sylvania's seems to be quite good. BUT, my T5's are my supplemental lighting - my main lighting comes from 2 x 150 watt DE BLV metal halides.... So - the day I decide to go T5 ONLY, then I would splash out on perhaps aquamedic, ATI or Geissemann...

My LFS have some Giesemann on display. Man they are bright!

Back
Top Bottom