T5 80watt

Reaction score
I just added a 80w T5 to my existing array of 54w T5.

Wow these lights are bright, makes the 54w look "dim"

I would even suggest that the 80W is getting quite close to a smaller Metal Halide

I would suggest to any guys that can fit this size globe, well worth it :thumbup:

So there will be some more upgrading happening to the tank soon.

how much did you pay for one globe and a ballast my friend?
And how long is it?

I read on reefcentral that the longer the T5 globe, the less intense it is. Basically what they were saying is 8 24w T5's across the width were more effective than 4 54w T5's along the length. Can the gurus elaborate on this?

I read on reefcentral that the longer the T5 globe, the less intense it is. Basically what they were saying is 8 24w T5's across the width were more effective than 4 54w T5's along the length. Can the gurus elaborate on this?

I find that weird, as i have this unit right next 4 other 54w and the 80w is definitely brighter than the 54w

whats brand is this 80W t5s and what brand is your 54W Warr?

Reef Central Online Community - The T5 Q&a Thread

A million pages to go through but its there somewhere:)

Sorry dude, that thread is way too long (u find the evidence). For the moment I am not going to believe that 4 x 54 w T5's are going to be more intense than 4 x 80w. Just doesn't make sense, especially when a 80w is rated at 7000 lumens and a 54w at 5000 lumens :p

Last edited:

Thats what I said;) Sorry, doesn't really apply to your 80w.

Back
Top Bottom